Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Articles

Parrotlet Articles Check in here to read all about parrotlets! Lots of information will be posted here. Also, feel free to post your own articles here. (All threads posted here must be approved before they're displayed.)

Notices

Bird Bath Spray?

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 744 times.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #1
Miss Mary

Miss Mary is on a distinguished road

Bird Bath Spray?

Wondering if anyone has ever used a Bird Bath Spray? I came across this product yesterday. Is anyone familiar with eCOTRITION Bird Bath Spray with molt ease? Any feed back would be appreciated.
Miss Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 09:49 PM   #2
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

I know that it is a good product, but I never had to use it. Usually, those products are not really needed unless you have a problem with the bird.

David and Ricochet
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:14 AM   #3
lindav

Parrotlets Owned: 1

lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

The stores around here are limited with their bird products. Never heard of the product----

Offer cold bath water once a week to get your bird to bathe. I use a green dish (familiar to him for his fresh food) and tell him to "take a bath"-----he certainly gets the idea and will test the water first. Usually he bathes when offered, especially at this time of year with so much dander on him. I have a small towel nearby so he can dry his feet when stepping out. Birds know what they need.

Best to you.
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
Miss Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
I know that it is a good product, but I never had to use it. Usually, those products are not really needed unless you have a problem with the bird.

David and Ricochet[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.talkparrotlets.com/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.talkparrotlets.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Thanks for your reply. I was asking because Kai is molting and it says it helps with minor skin irritations. Also helps alleviate excessive molting. Thought I’d see if anyone was familiar with it.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
Miss Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindav View Post
The stores around here are limited with their bird products. Never heard of the product----

Offer cold bath water once a week to get your bird to bathe. I use a green dish (familiar to him for his fresh food) and tell him to "take a bath"-----he certainly gets the idea and will test the water first. Usually he bathes when offered, especially at this time of year with so much dander on him. I have a small towel nearby so he can dry his feet when stepping out. Birds know what they need.

Best to you.
Thank you for your reply. I bought Kai a bath dish but so far he enjoys hopping into his water dish. I put him in the bathroom sink and spritz him three times a week. I was asking about the spray because Kai is molting and the spray is suppose to relieve skin irritations and help alleviate excessive molting. I thought I would see if anyone was familiar with it or if anyone has used something similar.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #6
littlehuck

Parrotlets Owned: 3

littlehuck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mary View Post
Wondering if anyone has ever used a Bird Bath Spray? I came across this product yesterday. Is anyone familiar with eCOTRITION Bird Bath Spray with molt ease? Any feed back would be appreciated.
Mary,

Many years ago I tried ecotrin spray from Dr. Fosters and Smith and it had a perfume strong smell and gave me a headache. Many bird products, sprays and bird vitamins are not regulated for safety and contain chemical neurotoxins and unregulated ingredients are not a good idea to use on the babies. I only use distilled water to mist and bathe the birdies. Also a certain bird vitamin made in Canada made my birdies vomit. When I questioned the vendor; they were clueless and are not required to guaranty results for bird or animal products. I don't use chemical supplements made for birds because they are poor quality and have no regulations in the ingredients (It also made my friends African ray sick) Bird products have no guarantees for quality or safety. I recommend using distilled water for bird baths unless you have really good tap water and never give them products made for birds to ingest or spray on their bodies.
http://https://www.windycityparrot.c...-birds-excess/
Old 03-22-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
Miss Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mary View Post
Mary,

Many years ago I tried ecotrin spray from Dr. Fosters and Smith and it had a perfume strong smell and gave me a headache. Many bird products, sprays and bird vitamins are not regulated for safety and contain chemical neurotoxins and unregulated ingredients are not a good idea to use on the babies. I only use distilled water to mist and bathe the birdies. Also a certain bird vitamin made in Canada made my birdies vomit. When I questioned the vendor; they were clueless and are not required to guaranty results for bird or animal products. I don't use chemical supplements made for birds because they are poor quality and have no regulations in the ingredients (It also made my friends African ray sick) Bird products have no guarantees for quality or safety. I recommend using distilled water for bird baths unless you have really good tap water and never give them products made for birds to ingest or spray on their bodies.
http://https://www.windycityparrot.c...-birds-excess/
Thank you very much for your reply. I have good tap water. Also have a filter on the kitchen faucet and a filtered pitcher for drinking and spritzing Kai. So far I’ve been spritzing Kai in the bathroom sink which he doesn’t seem to mind. He has a blue bath dish but so far ignores it. If he wants to bath he does so in his drinking water.