Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Pip’s in love

615 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ozzie3860 
#1 ·
Pip is totally infatuated with a nasal spray bottle. It’s white with a blue tip. It the size and shape of a Nasacort bottle, but it’s Costco’s generic.
My husband plays with Pip on our kitchen island and that’s where Pip laid eyes on his sweetheart.
He sings to her. Cuddles and stares. Tries to feed her. He also will knock her over and yell. We have had to hide the bottle from view now and only bring it out for short periods of time for him to play with.
He looks for this bottle throughout the day. He will yell and yell calling. It’s actually becoming kind of annoying.
Since he was becoming so obsessed, we decided to keep it hidden most of the time from him.
So he found another sweetheart. A much larger, clear green spray bottle that we keep a dish detergent mix in to spray on counter.
I’m amazed at the interest in this one as it’s so much bigger than he is.
I’m not sure if this is behavior we should encourage. It was cute at first, but he is so obsessed with these bottles. If one is around he wants nothing to do with us. Won’t even hop on a finger.

#3 ·
You are doing the right things by removing the bottles. Once a male attaches himself to a toy/bottle, he will accept it as his girlfriend and will challenge you if you get near it. It happened to me and I got some bad bites! I completely removed the attractant....and peace was made again.

Happy New Year!!!!!

David and Vicki:):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.