Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Mango's girlfriend arriving

962 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  David Miller 
#1 ·
She will be here the 22nd. Her name will be "Rain." I've waited so long! I bought her when she was still in an eggie, back in October! Here is what she looks like, now... Hand Leg Handwriting Neck Parrot

See less See more
#2 ·
I bet you are so excited. :)

After all this time I have found a breeder in my area that breeds parrotlets on facebook. She posted some pictures of her new batch of babies and my MBS was tingling. There was what looked to be a green pied male that was such an interesting color.

How are you getting Rain home are you driving to get her or is it by airline? I just wondered with the post about USPS lately.

#8 ·
Oh she's beautiful!!!

Yes people do ship USPS, but it's illegal. I would never buy a bird from someone who made excuses about why they think it's ok, it absolutely is not acceptable.

#9 ·
It is illegal and I would never ship a bird, hamster, or any other small animal USPS! They do not have the proper way to watch or keep a safe temperature for the birds. Recently in this forum someone was supposed to have an overnight delivery of their bird and, if I remember correctly, it took two days!

I almost went into a business deal with a retired USPS employee. Bob and I talked about shipping our products that we were going to cultivate ( we were going to grow special flower bulbs from the land we both owned together) and one of the subjects of shipping budgies came up. He said, " Never ship any bird, except chicks, by USPS. It IS illegal ".

I asked, " Why chickens? " He said that they are agriculture and no guarantees are given for life expectancy. Chicks are easily replaced.

I would choose caution.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.