Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Help! I am getting Ads!

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  David Miller 
#1 ·
All of a sudden, I am having Ads pop up in the forum!

How can I stop it?

David and Ricochet

#2 ·
I use an ad blocker on my computer "AdBlock" it is an extension for google chrome. If you are using a phone then I am not sure as I don't use my phone for internet stuff. I would imagine they have the same thing for phones though. I guess the forum owner might not like to hear that but ad blockers are pretty common.

It will help to know if you are using a computer or phone for sure.

#7 ·
Let me tell you what I know....not much! Let's see, I have Firefox...Yahoo....Are any of these a browser? I know this sounds stupid, but I know very little about computers. I really do not care to learn about them. Give me a pencil any day. I know the benefits of a computer and I use one, but I am an old fashioned person.

My wife gets so mad at my attitudes, sometimes. I do not like to wear suits and ties. I liked this world when we talked face to face with each other, not use cell phones and Skype(?).

I love all you people out there!

Dave

#8 ·
Hi David. Firefox is a web browser, which I am using too. It sounds like your ad blocker is not on if you are still have ads pop up. Have you tried shutting down your computer and rebooting it? I am not sure if you do this or leave your computer on. Maybe this might help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.