Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

My son is very ill

This thread has 38 replies and has been viewed 1206 times.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:33 PM   #31
111karen111

Parrotlets Owned: 3
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

111karen111 is on a distinguished road

This picture was taken a few minutes ago. The cameras have already been washed gently 6 times.

Cameras 5 and 7 are really foggy and have many spots.

Camera 6 has a few spots.

Camera 8 turned very dark.

Cameras 1 - 4 weren't damaged.

And he says he didn't spray-paint my cameras.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cameras 7-29-20.jpg (20.4 KB, 10 views)
111karen111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #32
111karen111

Pic. 1 - Camera 7 before it was washed 6 times.

Pic. 2 - painter told the Attorney General he didn't point the spray-gun up high where the cameras were. Picture shows him pointing straight up in the air.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg House Cameras 10-22-19.jpg (57.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Tom spraying house - pointing gun up high.jpg (20.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #33
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

That guy is a jerk! He was spray painting without using an extension for his spray gun. So, what he did was aim up at the wall/soffit/fascia areas with his spray gun several feet away from his target. This would cause him to over-spray certain spots ( which causes the globs/dripping ) effect. He definitely caused the damage.

As soon as I saw him using only a spray gun and not and extension spray gun, I knew he had over-spray! I also didn't see a hand held paint separator. This is a shield to help control the areas need to not be painted.

You were taken, big time, by a jerk who was not very professional. He wanted cash and this should be a warning. A personal check is bad enough,but sometimes the owner of a company asks for a personal check for tax escape reasons or because it is easier to cash the check as soon as he leaves your property.

It is sad that there are people who rip people off. You are a nice and caring person who is likable and decent. We need kind people like you. I do not know your states regulations or the organizations that can help you. I just made suggestions to try and give you ideas.

If the paint was Latex,it should be able to be removed with warm soap and water on most surfaces. If he used an oil based paint, then clean up requires a petroleum cleaner product because of an alkyd emulsifier base. If the paint is allowed to cure before it is cleaned, then you probably won't be successful. Latex cures anywhere from 45 to 90 days. I think I noticed the date of application was in 2019. Did you try to clean it after a year's time?

I never bought the fan you suggested due to the fact that Ricochet had died. I am still not sure if I will get another pet of any kind....My health is seriously bad.

Stay safe and secure!

David and Vicki
David Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:02 PM   #34
111karen111

David:

You have been very helpful. I didn't even know how the damage was created in the first place. Good to know the information you provided. I added more pictures of this paint job.

The owner told the Attorney General that his employee didn't point the gun at the soffit area where the cameras are on the final 2nd coat of paint. These pictures prove he did. The person spray-painting is an employee of the company I hired. The owner is older and just paints the trim and other small jobs.

And this company was recommended to me by the Better Contractors Bureau. All you have to do is pay your dues to belong to this organization. I didn't find this out until after he damaged my house.

It was almost November when I discovered what he did and it had turned very cold by then. To cold to fix the damage right away. I also wanted to go to court before I fixed the house.

I'm very sorry about your health problems. You are too good of a person to have this happen to you.

Thanks again for the input you gave me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-07-31-21-42-12.jpg (19.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-07-31-21-42-19.jpg (20.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-07-31-21-42-02.jpg (19.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-07-31-21-41-51.jpg (20.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2020-07-31-21-41-21.jpg (20.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by 111karen111; 08-01-2020 at 02:17 AM..
Old 07-31-2020, 11:25 PM   #35
111karen111

Mike

Update on my son Mike. He is 52 and he has terminal lung and spine cancer.

After being incoherent for 8 days, my son spoke a few short sentences to me today on the phone. I live in Rochester, NY and he lives in Georgia. I am disabled and can't travel to be with him. It was garbled and hard to understand but i was also able to relay some important legal information to him and could tell he comprehended what i was saying. He called me Mom and then tried to talk but the morphine makes it so he can't speak clearly.

They can't move him from the bed to the chair anymore either like they did at first.

Every day i call for an update and if he isnt asleep, they hold the phone to his ear so he can hear me talk to him. I know this daily routine won't last forever but it was sooo good to hear him speak today.

He hasn't had anything to eat in 8 days now, so i know his body is shuting down. This is so hard to experience. But i am his mother and i have to be there for him until this is over. He has never married or had children.

Last edited by 111karen111; 08-01-2020 at 02:21 AM..
Old 08-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #36
111karen111

With a heavy heart, i just wanted to let everyone know that my son died at 3:00 pm on Friday, 8/7/20.

Then the Hospice sent his body to the wrong place after i told them 3 times the name and address where he was to be sent to. Then told me they typed it into the computer. Well, someone messed up.

I only discovered this when the lady that called me told me they didn't have a person named Bryan working there that I talked to earlier in the day.

She hung up with me to get him to the right place. They had a van from each place meet halfway between the two places, and they switched which van my son was in on the shoulder of a highway.

His entire life bad things always seemed to happen to him and now, they messed up his final journey in this world.

I am just raw tonight. Being so far away and knowing i will never see him again is just too much for me to bear right now. I'm sure time will make me heal, but tonight i am not in a good place.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #37
kpenguins48

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

kpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Yahoo to kpenguins48
I don't know what to say because anything I say will be inadequate for what you're feeling right now. I just said a prayer for you and I will keep you in my prayers.

The Little Prince
kpenguins48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:35 PM   #38
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Unhappy

Karen,

Words can not express the sorrow I feel for you and Mike. He fought a valiant fight until the end and I know God will reward him, and you for this. He had a rough life and now he is at peace. His physical journey on the world is nothing compared to his spiritual world. I truly believe you will see him again because the Bible says we will experience seeing families in Heaven.

The things you did for him this last few months is known to him, and in his own way, he loved you for helping as much as you could. You are a good woman and you need to hold your head high because you did love him and you cared. He knew this, for sure.

Keep us posted on this....Let us know how you are doing....we care deeply for you and yours.

David and Vicki
David Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:19 AM   #39
Anya

Anya will become famous soon enough

I am so sorry and saddened to hear about Mike's passing. It is sad that life was not kind to him. He is now in a place of peace where the troubles and illnesses of this world can no longer touch him.

I'm keeping you in my prayers. Take care of yourself.
Anya
Anya is offline   Reply With Quote