Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

~~~~Help Me Determine A Name ! ~~~~

~~Male Name Suggestions For Three Themes!~~

This thread has 34 replies and has been viewed 1090 times.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:17 PM   #21
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannepp View Post
Napolean short on stature but Big Tyrannical personality. Hyde or Jekyll come to mind.
Hyde or Jekyll!!! I like these names! Of course, Mr. Napoleon! is a good name.Hmmm... Mr. Hyde?...sounds good.

Thanks,

Dave
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 01:35 PM   #22
Chuck

Parrotlets Owned: One
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Chuck will become famous soon enough

David:
Can't help you with any names, but wanted to let you know one thing;
any Parrotlet will be the better for having you two as his/her parronts. The love that shows in your correspondence, and your obvious delight when one of these sweet birbies are in your life. I am so happy that you're willing to share your vast love and admiration for one of God's Awesome Creatures. Be well Good and Kind Sir, and may God Bless You and Your Family abundantly! Let the Journey Continue!!
Old 05-21-2020, 05:01 PM   #23
David Miller

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
David:
Can't help you with any names, but wanted to let you know one thing;
any Parrotlet will be the better for having you two as his/her parronts. The love that shows in your correspondence, and your obvious delight when one of these sweet birbies are in your life. I am so happy that you're willing to share your vast love and admiration for one of God's Awesome Creatures. Be well Good and Kind Sir, and may God Bless You and Your Family abundantly! Let the Journey Continue!!

My words simply cannot express just how much your words mean to me! All my life, I have shown the utmost respect for animal and human kind. Even when I worked undercover and dealt with the nastiest people on earth, I showed them respect within man's law and God's law. When I met Vicki , I knew she and I would get married. She was the most nicest and considerate 19 year old young woman I had ever met.

When I was a child, I collected bugs and animals that I found struggling to live and tried to help them. My mother, God rest her soul, would help me ' save ' the hurt turtle or sparrow. She even went to a funeral that I held for my first pet...a spider named Willie! He was put in a wooden match box lined with cotton and buried next to my mother's roses. I made a cross for him with his name, approximate birth date, and death date. He was the size of a nickle. I wrote a story about him.

So, when I lost Bogie and Ricochet, it brought me back to the time when I was a child and had to bury a pet spider, frog, or budgie. Burying birds were the hardest on me. That is why I asked this forum for help in dealing with these deaths.

It is hard to believe that I ended up in a law enforcement career!
It was hard on me at first, but I actually did well. I never had a complaint filed against me. Even when I made an arrest, the bad guy thanked me for treating them with respect. But I knew the judge wouldn't!

When I met my first parrotlet, I thought, " What a tough little bird! " I watched them play with each other and there was always a leader. I saw dozens of them in cages.

Again, thanks for the kind words.

May God Richly Bless You And Yours!

David and Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2020, 10:34 AM   #24
GrandmaLil

Parrotlets Owned: One
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

GrandmaLil is on a distinguished road

I tend to think history. Abe Lincoln, Patton, Ulysses. I originally thought of
Pip because he was such a pipsqueak and he was also a real pip. I thought it was unique until I got on this forum. Lol
GrandmaLil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:22 PM   #25
Kathy S.

Parrotlets Owned: 1

Kathy S. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
Hello out there in Parrotlet land! Since it is a little slow on this forum right now, I decided to ask for some help from y'all.

We haven't made up our minds completely, yet, about being owned by a baby parrotlet. but the odds look good for good ole David and Vicki to become parr'onts again; even at our old age.

When we make our move and obtain a limale monster, I mean youngster, then I do believe that the 3rd time will be a special charm! Bogie was a very unique p'lett and Ricochet was young when he passed, so our third one has to be tops. None of our p'letts were better than anyone else's, but it is just that I love them so so much! Even when they act onery.

Deciding on a green rump or Pacific p'lett is a hard decision for me. I am leaning toward a Pacific one because I really do need a challenge and , on average, Pacific's are a little more aggressive than a green rump. Of course, it depends on the nature of the bird, itself.

Now, enough of this jabbering... or jibbering... We want to ask you if anyone out there has run across a unique name for a male p'lett? We don't want names that represent green colors or names of spices, like basil or ginger, etc. We want unique names that may represent a male bird. I want to concentrate in 3 themes.

1). A name that may represent Love, Serenity, Peace, Wonder, Giving....

2). A masculine name that may represent Strength, Boldness, Power, Respect....

3). A name that represents Movement, Agility ( agile-ness ), Sprite-full, Forceful, a 'Doer ', ....( Remember, we named our last bird ' Ricochet ' because he moved around constantly from one perch to another, like a bullet ricocheting off of boulders after being fired from a rifle...ping, pinnngggghhhh, tinggggh....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#4). Miscellaneous--- A male or non-gender name, like " Piper ". not Pip). A plumber is a piper because he puts pipes together.
I named Bogie after Humphrey Bogart, the movie actor. Bogie was an actor who was tough, smart, and able to get himself out of ( or into) trouble.
Sometimes a pet is named because of his/her personality, etc., or the way they look! I had a puppy one time that was part everything! Vicki and I named him, " Muttney " because he was a mixed breed dog, like a Mutt! I had a dog named "Squatly" ( actually spelled Squat Lee ). He was an Australian Terrier, like a Cairn Terrier ( Toto, of the Wizard of OZ) and he squatted when he peed. Squat Lee sounded Australian to me.

So, we would appreciate it if you could throw some names our way. Something may stick. We will make a list and see if the bird will match any of the names, once we get him home.

Thanks!!!

David and Vicki

I almost decided on a Green Rump before I got Willie but I was told by a Green Rump owner on another list that they can get problems with their liver and have over active beak growth. The owner had to trim itís beak once a month.
Kathy S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:27 PM   #26
JackieRTP

JackieRTP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy S. View Post
I almost decided on a Green Rump before I got Willie but I was told by a Green Rump owner on another list that they can get problems with their liver and have over active beak growth. The owner had to trim itís beak once a month.

That is NOT normal for green rump parrotlets and what that person said is incorrect. Liver problems are typically due to infections, medical issues, or an inadequate diet. Beak issues are typically due to a medical issue, which potentially might be a liver problem. When a bird is having beak overgrowth and it is not due to an injury as a baby or an adult, an avian vet visit is needed with blood testing to potentially determine the root cause.
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:29 PM   #27
aqueilo

aqueilo is on a distinguished road

How about Arnault/Arnaud. It is a french name deriving from eagle and "power/leader"
Constantine means steadfast, and has a bunch of different spellings
Ryker is another one, it means like "fast" or "fast strider" in the traditional English name, but also "brave power" when derived in Danish from Richard.

aqueilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:32 PM   #28
aqueilo

aqueilo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
Hyde or Jekyll!!! I like these names! Of course, Mr. Napoleon! is a good name.Hmmm... Mr. Hyde?...sounds good.

Thanks,

Dave
Napolean makes me think of animal farm haha

aqueilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:05 PM   #29
David Miller

Thumbs up

These are all great suggestions! Ryker is one that has always appealed to me ever since I saw the Star Trek Generations TV show . Capt. Piccard had his first officer named Commander Ryker (Riker).Dave
Old 05-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #30
Anya

Anya is on a distinguished road

Dave, I thought of another one for you. How about Buster? It suits that feisty "tough guy" personality they all seem to possess.

Besides that, when he gets all full of sass you'd be able to say, "Look here, Buster!" lol
Anya is offline   Reply With Quote