Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

3 ways to do absolutely nothing w/your parrot

7K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Pjparke351 
#1 ·
Reactions: TheBeans
#3 ·
Timmy is like a perpetual two year old, flitting from here to there, making noise or chewing on my belongings. When he tires himself out, he sits on my right shoulder(never my left)puffs up, grinds his beak and watches tv with me. These are the times I love best.

#7 ·
Melody is starting to like snuggling in bed with us on our days off. She just comes right over in the morning and snuggles her little self under you chin until we get up. :eek:
Before you think it's all cute and sweetness, don't worry she bit me on the cheek this evening and it HURT! I think in the morning that beak grinding is really just sharpening the blades for later. Little stinker. :D

Reactions: Evelyn
#14 ·
Snoozer paloozer?

Bogie has slowly gotten back into some of the familiar habits since his doggie encounter.

My favorite relaxing time is when I fix him some fresh veggies for breakfast. While I read the newspaper, he eats, preens, and then flies down to my right thigh near my pocket and goes to sleep. Every day for almost 7 years.( except for a few weeks after the doggie thing.) It makes me feel good! My Pal!:D

#15 ·
Shosho never does absolutely nothing with me :(
Whenever I take him out he's got to be running, biting fingers, toes, feet, whatever that beak can reach AND he loves doing it on the floor. When I put him on the sofa he hops down (literally drops down) and gets to work.

He's a very vengeful and aggressive bird. He knows better than to bite me and has his sweet moments but everyone else in the family is fair game :eek:

#17 ·
These stories are all so cute. :) I'm pretty lucky Melody will just hang out as often as she does, but the other half of the time it's chewing on the cuticles, lunging at the hand "game", chewing on my freckles, trying to give me a lip piercing..... Dana is right, she tricks me into feeling secure, and here she comes all cute to give me a little kissy and then WHAMO :eek:
We could market it as the new " natural" lip plump. Instant red and puffy!!

#19 ·
I love this article, sounds like my house will all my pets, we all just enjoy each other , most of the time, I have taught pets to do some tricks, but sometimes I found it stressed them and me. Plus I am too old to do all the trick things now. :eek: We all love having happy time with each other, and they play with each other, nothing to stressful is done. :)

Do to close, my birds do nothing for me except step up and give kisses and bite me, oh and poop on me. :eek:

#20 ·
Yeah mine too. I'm glad she steps up and she does little things I ask sometimes. I had planned on training her to do all kinds of commands and tricks but then reality set in about just how independent and stubborn she is so now I just happy to have my little relationship with her and not expect her to do what I say :rolleyes:

#21 ·
Due to falling and breaking my arm, I have been sleeping in my chair near Simon's cage. What a change in him! He has become so sweet and affectionate, it is hard to believe it's the same bird. I let him out after dinner and we play Hide in the Kleenex, make spitballs, poke the phone keys and other fun games. Then he sits on my shoulder and gives kisses, then hops to my lap to have head scratches. No more biting! I'm lovin it. May have to sleep in the same room forever...

#25 ·
Gracie loves watching parrotlet videos on YouTube. If she’s being ornery, I’ll turn on the one of the two parrotlets bathing, or Grandma Rosie’s parrotlets and Linnie’s, and she just calms right down. She puffs all up, starts chewing her tissue, preens and then starts to nod off. It’s great therapy. And it lasts even after the videos are over. I think it helps her recenter and connect with the sweet sounds of her species. Makes me think I should maybe get her a friend though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.