Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

~~~One Who Flew Over The Kitchen Sink~~~

~~Ricochet And Hie ESP Experience~~~~

This thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 316 times.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:23 AM   #11
Pateetchka

Parrotlets Owned: 4
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Pateetchka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
My Father would get up at night and write some of the best poetry I ever read! After he wrote it down, he would hide the poems in his chest of drawers or the kitchen cabinets or even under the bathroom sinks. He never knew he wrote them until someone found the poems stashed here and there. They were in his handwriting! So, we knew who wrote them. A couple were published nationally in the National Book of Anthology back in the 60's.

In one of my college poetry classes at UCF, I came into the classroom and sat down as usual. The professor handed out photocopies of a poem for us to critique in class. My mouth dropped open! It was one of my Dad's published poems! It was titled, " Myth of a City ". It was one of his sleeping poems!

When I told the class about it, they couldn't believe it until I brought in one of the National Anthology books and his poem was in it. I have the books now.

It is funny you should mention clouds! In all three nights that I dreamed the musical piano score about Jerusalem, I dreamed of being in up inside clouds! I could hear the melodies developing in all three movements! I know, I am weird.

I bought a book about dream interpretations and didn't learn a thing about why I dreamed the things I did in my life. Our brain never rests, even when we sleep.

Dave

Yeah about the cloud, it makes sense you saw one because a friend of mine was shown how God sends ideas to people. In the spirit she said they look like clouds. [Edit: Specifically clouds that people go inside and get the ideas from.] I've also found dream interpretation books to not work so well. I've studied and learned over the years how to interpret dreams to a certain degree though due to the amount and type of dreams I do have.

Pateetchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2020, 12:27 AM   #12
TheBeans

Parrotlets Owned: 1

TheBeans has a spectacular aura aboutTheBeans has a spectacular aura about

Both of my dogs are psychic, I swear. Long before I am out of bed and ready to start my day, if I am going to have a struggle with my health then they both glue themselves to my side or to my feet and will do whatever they can to make sure that I am sitting down and staying put or laying down and staying put. And 100% of the time they turn out to be right! How do they know before I do?!

Daisy's hatch-day: 12/10/2014
TheBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:19 PM   #13
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

They know how to interpret things that they see and smell. All I know is that THEY know. When my mother visited me and Vicki just before she died, Bogie became fast friends with her. My mother never liked pets because she was a neat freak and pets make messes.

My mother sat in the recliner we brought from her home to mine and was watching TV with us when Bogie started to make his move to get to know her. He sensed she didn't want to be friendly with him, so it took him 2 days of careful maneuvering to get close to her. Every few hours, he would move closer to where she was sitting. The second day, mom was not feeling well and this was Bogie's chance to make his move.

Mom said to me that her kidney's were bothering her and she wanted something to make her feel better. As soon as she said this, Bogie flew to her forearm and froze!

Mom was startled, but smiled and said, " Hello Sweetie! What's your name?" He went up to her shoulder and that is where he stayed. My mother became so happy at that time. She kept telling me, " Look! He's sitting on my shoulder! He's sitting on my shoulder! He like's me! "

I told her that Bogie likes everybody but, he sure stayed right with her every day until we had to call an ambulance a couple of days later. Two weeks later, my mother passed, but not before I sneaked Bogie into the special nursing home two nights before she passed. ( I wrote about that in this forum) .

I had never seen Bogie take a liking to someone until he saw my mother. She was in pain and he knew it. Every time I was in pain, he stuck to me like glue. I am telling you, sister, these little birds know more than we humans can understand!

What an amazing parrot!

Dave
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote