Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

~~~~Has It All Been Said And Written?~~~

~~There Has To Be a Question Out There, Somewhere!~~

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 118 times.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #1
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation ~~~~Has It All Been Said And Written?~~~

I wonder....Has it all been said and written? There has to be a question, situation, or comment out there in our forums. I know we are busy, but a sentence here and there or a remark, joke, poem, story, etc..

How are you doing? How is your birdie? Anything funny, serious, strange, or exciting going on out there in pet bird land? I don't care what it is....WRITE about it. You would be surprised how much you can write about your birdie if you just watched him/her.

Today, for the umpteenth time, Ricochet makes out a ' telephone ringing ' sound when the phone rings. I will hear the phone ring, then Ricochet will ring. It is so funny how the p'lett will hear a sound and mimic it differently than what the sound, sounds like.

I went to the dentist today and now I have to go to an oral surgeon. One thing leads to another! Gees!! Money spent here...money spent there....here...there...everywhere!

Folks-----send in a short poem about your bird. 4 LINES ONLY!

Make it funny or sad or happy or mad! Evil or good, just make it understood! Make it short, but don't make it long...make it for comfort, or make it like a song.

Write it here, and I will read it. Write it clear, and I will make need of it.....in the book I am writing!

David and Ricochet
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
GrandmaLil

Parrotlets Owned: One
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

GrandmaLil is on a distinguished road

Pip and Mom talk together
Pip and Mom play together
Pip and Mom cuddle together
Itís Pip and Mom forever and ever

Pathetic I know. Robert Browning is not worried. Lol
GrandmaLil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
David Miller

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaLil View Post
Pip and Mom talk together
Pip and Mom play together
Pip and Mom cuddle together
Itís Pip and Mom forever and ever

Pathetic I know. Robert Browning is not worried. Lol

It was perfect! Poetry is expressing just how you feel! Thanks!

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2019, 01:16 AM   #4
Bentley

Bentley is on a distinguished road

I went on a mini trip with a good friend of mine. My husband and daughter took care of the birds while I was gone. I guess Bebo decided to give them all sorts of trouble! Haha! He gave me a good cussing out when I returned last night but today he wants to sit with me more then he has in a really long time! It is good to know that I was missed!!

Wendy & Bebo
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
David Miller

Exclamation

Hi.
I remember sitting in a Poetry writing class and the Professor read us a short poem about a red, rusty, wheelbarrow resting against and old rotten wood fence on a farm.

The Professor gave us a 2 hour lecture on why she thought the poet wrote the short poem. She went into the social aspects of the poet's life and that the poet had many struggles in life and that the poet spent many hours writing the short poem.

I was bored, to say the least. Everybody was bored. When the Professor finished her analogy, she asked the class for our opinion on why the poet wrote the poem.

Nobody raised their hands to give an answer. She asked us again, to give her our opinions. Again, there was not one response...until I opened my big mouth. ( One person whispered aloud, " This ought to be good! ").

" Yes, David. What do you think? "

I said, " I won't get into trouble if I say something? "

" No, you won't get into trouble...your answer won't affect your grade...that much! " The Professor stood there with a smile.

There were a few giggles and someone said, " Uh Oh! "

I remarked, " We-l-l-l-l, I thought it was just a simple poem about a poet who looked around the barnyard for something to write about and saw the red, rusty wheelbarrow leaning against an old fence. The poet wrote about the wheelbarrow and added the poem to all her other poems..." I hesitated as the Professor stared at me, then I just couldn't leave it alone...so I continued... " I think that a lot of poets write poetry and they know we will be sitting in a class, somewhere in the future, and critique their work."

" Are you through, MR. MILLER? " The Professor retorted in a strong but loud, annoying voice.

" Yes, I am."

There was a silence. Then there was more silence. Then there was a little snicker....then another snicker....then someone said, " I AGREE WITH DAVID! "

The voice came from the back of the class. I turned and looked to see who belonged to that other lone voice. I wondered who was else was going to get a low grade for such a smart a^* answer. To my surprise, it was the Professor! She had walked to the back of the classroom as I had made my little speech.

I thought I was going to get into trouble. The Professor said that I was probably correct. Then, as she let the class go for the weekend, she said, " David! I want you to write a Sestina for me and turn it in in 2 weeks!" A sestina is a poem that has 6, 6 lined stanza's and a 3 line envoi at the end.

It took me 2 weeks to write it. I NEVER RAISED MY HAND IN THAT PROFESSOR'S CLASSROOM AGAIN. I did get an ' A ' for the course.

Dave
Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM   #6
Bigboy

Bigboy is on a distinguished road

David,
I LOVE your story!!!!!!
I love your writing, but your story of your class is a classic (and I am a teacher, so I know! LOL)
Bigboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #7
tijya

Parrotlets Owned: 1

tijya will become famous soon enough

Kingston would mimic a notification noise on my computer and it sounded nothing like it. But he is a pro at mimicking the sun conure chatter.

He seemed a bit angry today so I got yelled at a lot. But I'm not sure why. And last night he was back to being bat-bird (hanging upside down on our tv). He cracks me up.

Nichi, the conure....is a struggle. I've talked about her attacking me before and it's gotten worse because I've been away from home so much.

I'm working with her daily and it helps a bit. But she can't be out of her cage if both myself and my husband are home. I hate the idea of clipping her wings, but it may come to that. It's just when it was done last time (against our wishes by the pet sitter) she refused to come out of her cage. But it breaks my heart when she attacks me.

I've given us a tentative deadline of Christmas and if it's not better, I will make the decision then.

I'm away from home usually a week/month but I was gone for all of September which made things significantly worse. And I'm just getting back after a week away, and she's done some backsliding.

I think if my husband went away that would help but short of kicking him out, that's not an option haha
tijya is online now   Reply With Quote