Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

~~~Ricochet's Fixation-C'est La Vie!~~~

~~We Didn't Know He Loved The Answering Machine!~~

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 158 times.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:08 PM   #1
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation ~~~Ricochet's Fixation-C'est La Vie!~~~

Talking about a bird that is fixated on an object! Vicki and I didn't know Ricochet was infatuated with our...answering machine!

It all started when Vicki called me from work on our land line today. The phone rang, but when I picked up the phone, the line was dead. The phone rang again. Again, the line was dead. Vicki then called me on my smart phone. I told her the land line phone was out, unless the answering machine was broken.( Great! Vicki was going to be unemployed at her job at the end of February and I was looking at calling AT&T out to fix the line...more expenses!).

Anyway, I went over to the answering machine and checked it out. It was fine, so it had to be the line. I disconnected the machine and took it to the other side of the room to another land line connection and hooked it up. It worked! Yea!

Later, Vicki came home from work and we ate our dinner. I told her what I did and she said, " Let's call our landline and leave a message. I got my smart phone out and went to another room to make the call. When I called, I left a message to see if it recorded.

It was at this time that Ricochet flew to the new location of the answering machine ( On my piano top) and landed on the machine. Vicki yelled for me to come back into the room and look at Ricochet hanging onto the machine. He climbed up the machine and peeked over the top and looked behind the machine. He heard my message and he wanted to find where I was at! ( I peeked into the room and watched him go nuts on that machine). He walked behind it and all around it while stretching his neck.

Vicki said that he heard my voice and went to it. The thing is is that he wouldn't leave the machine. Vicki finally picked him up and took him into another room to play with him, but he flew back to the machine. We couldn't get him off that machine! He spent over an hour on it and we had to grab him ( he doesn't mind this) and put him in his cage for night night.I have never seen a bird get so infatuated with machine like that.

He used to land on the answering machine every once in a while when it rang, then leave it alone. I had to move it because the line died where it was before. Ricochet must have liked it where it was at. I can't wait until tomorrow. I wonder if he will still be attached to it?
Oh well, C'est La Vie ( such is life ).

David and Vicki

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
Bigboy

Bigboy is on a distinguished road

Awww. The voice that means love to Riccochet is coming out of a plastic box. Got to stay by that box now. No matter where that box is, that's where the voice of love is. Ricci's to to be there too!
Bigboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
David Miller

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

I had to put a towel over it this morning! I went to the machine and made the mistake of turning on my last night's message. I wanted to delete it. Ricochet heard it and went right to the machine! Vicki got him to step up and I put the towel on it. Whew! I turned it off for the weekend.

I will turn it back on Monday because Vicki is getting messages from Job head hunters ( she is being laid off at the end of February).

I hope Ricochet forgets about the machine.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2020, 01:00 AM   #4
Pateetchka

Parrotlets Owned: 4

Pateetchka is on a distinguished road

What color is the machine? For some reason, Joey is obsessed with objects that are bright green. It sounds like maybe it IS your voice that's drawing him though and if that's so, then that's sweet.

Pateetchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #5
David Miller

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateetchka View Post
What color is the machine? For some reason, Joey is obsessed with objects that are bright green. It sounds like maybe it IS your voice that's drawing him though and if that's so, then that's sweet.
It is black and silver. I had to turn it off today because when it rings and my message comes on, he sits on it and looks where the speaker is located. It must be my voice.

David
Old 02-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #6
Pateetchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
It is black and silver. I had to turn it off today because when it rings and my message comes on, he sits on it and looks where the speaker is located. It must be my voice.

David
I think Joey has learned to recognize my brother's voice over the phone. I know because Joey has a sound effect associated with my brother. When my brother would birdsit him, he'd get out this little keychain laser gun that makes a "pew pew" sound. Then it so happened that whenever my brother would enter the room, Joey would do the "pew pew" sound. Now when he hears him on the phone he does the "pew pew" sound I'm sure Ricochet knows the voice is yours too.

Old 02-16-2020, 11:07 PM   #7
David Miller

Thumbs up

Ricochet gets excited when he hears our electronic doorbell ring. It makes the melody from England's Big Ben clock. I do not know the name of the melody, but if you hear it, you will know what I am telling you about.

Dave
Old 02-17-2020, 05:12 AM   #8
Mrs.JP3
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 3

Mrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really niceMrs.JP3 is just really nice

Haha
Jasper is in love with the dryer. When it's going he will run back and forth in front of it whistling and watching the clothes go around, and then fly right up to the door for a better look. It's hilarious.

"In his hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind." Job 12:10

Mrs.JP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #9
Pateetchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
Ricochet gets excited when he hears our electronic doorbell ring. It makes the melody from England's Big Ben clock. I do not know the name of the melody, but if you hear it, you will know what I am telling you about.

Dave
DING dong ding dong..
ding dong DING dong..
DING dong ding dong..
ding dong DING dong..

That one? hahahahah

Old 02-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #10
David Miller

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateetchka View Post
DING dong ding dong..
ding dong DING dong..
DING dong ding dong..
ding dong DING dong..

That one? hahahahah
That is so funny!

It goes....ding dong ding dong....ding dong ding dong
If you remember, the TV show called, " The Beverly Hillbillies ", then the doorbell they had on that show is what I have.
Remember when the Clampetts first heard their doorbell? They looked at the wall and couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from....

Then Jethro would say, " Every time that sounds, someone will knock on the door! " Then, someone would knock on the door. They were amazed. What a show!

Dave