Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

Back to square 1

No more bird..but another one on the way.

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 379 times.

Old 07-12-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
Joeyd

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Joeyd is on a distinguished road

Back to square 1

This baby bird has been getting a good amount of messages from people..in the end the baby was sick, with the breeder I got him from and her moving it's been a bit all over the place.

I lost out on travel cost's,that sucks, and the little bird I fell in love with so quick. I have no info on him so I don't know if he's made it or not..I feel so horrible for that little guy.

I did find another green rump breeder that's heavily trusted and a few friends online have bought birds from her that are all healthy and that they absolutely love.

The wait starts all over again, 2 more months .

Still gonna miss this little guy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9687.jpg (97.0 KB, 20 views)
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

It is amazing how quickly they manage to steal a bit of your heart and soul. Sorry for you issues but birds are quite fragile and most do not make it to adult hood. Death rate is high for captive birds, much worse for free born ones. Keep it up. You will eventually find your match that will the endeavor worth the effort.
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
laracroft

laracroft will become famous soon enough

I'm so sorry to hear this. They're so easy to fall in love with, you must be heartbroken. I'm glad you're trying again, and that your new breeder comes with good recommendations. I remember agonizing over different breeders when I was looking for my baby, and even so I feel like I mostly lucked into a good one.

Micah
DOH: 3/18/2016
laracroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2020, 09:43 PM   #4
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Way to go! The 2 months will go by quickly, so bear with it. It will be worth the wait!

Keep us posted.

Dave
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:20 PM   #5
Anya

Anya is on a distinguished road

It was very sad to hear about what happened. Poor little guy. I can only imagine how hard that must have been for you.

But, try to think how happy you are going to be in two months. You definitely have something wonderful to look forward to. {{Hugs to you!}}
Anya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:52 PM   #6
Joeyd

Thanks everyone!

I think in some way's I am thankful. I've read so many stories on how people get birds and it takes months or even years before a bird can trust them. Maybe it's just luck but I get bird's to trust me incredibly quickly. The first day this bird was already calling for me, hopping on my finger, he even let me help him out with pin feathers. The poor guy had problems always keeping weight so I'm sure he had some type of sickness. He had that feeling to me that I can't believe how I lucked out with this little guy. I was supposed to actually get the healthier brother but the breeder switched it up on me the day of pickup. Maybe he would have had the same problem's too, but I don't think so.

On the better side of thing's I'm not ignoring the red flags and the breeder that I'm getting my bird from seems to be the source for the few green-rump breeders out there. She answer's everything no problem and all of her babies seem super healthy.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #7
JackieRTP

JackieRTP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyd View Post
The poor guy had problems always keeping weight so I'm sure he had some type of sickness.

From what I understand and saw on Instagram, you are basing that on other people's opinions and not information from the breeder

Quote:
On the better side of thing's I'm not ignoring the red flags and the breeder that I'm getting my bird from seems to be the source for the few green-rump breeders out there. She answer's everything no problem and all of her babies seem super healthy.

What red flags were there from the original breeder? I know her, and she always answer emails and questions when asked. She is a responsible, respected breeder

Last edited by JackieRTP; 07-13-2020 at 03:29 PM..
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #8
Joeyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
From what I understand and saw on Instagram, you are basing that on other people's opinions and not information from the breeder

What red flags were there from the original breeder? I know her, and she always answer emails and questions when asked. She is a responsible, respected breeder
I am basing my information on the breeder. When we were talking he had trouble keeping weight. Also that he was plucked by the parent's really bad while the other brother only had some slight plucking. He was also over-clipped.

I don't really want to get into the negatives about all this. I got my money back, tried to be as nice as possible in this whole situation. I don't want to get into any drama, all I will say after looking at so many breeders that she is the only one that doesn't allow facebook reviews, pretty sure there's a reason for that.

She seem's nice overall, seems to have a lot of great birds, takes in other birds that need help but I wouldn't recommend her anymore to any friends.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #9
JackieRTP

JackieRTP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't want to get into any drama, all I will say after looking at so many breeders that she is the only one that doesn't allow facebook reviews, pretty sure there's a reason for that.

I have seen a number of Facebook pages that do not allow reviews. Studies have shown that most misinformation and conspiracy theories begin on Facebook. After seeing what kinds of crazy comments some people post on FB pages including small bird aviaries, I don't blame her for not allowing them.
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #10
Joeyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRTP View Post
I have seen a number of Facebook pages that do not allow reviews. Studies have shown that most misinformation and conspiracy theories begin on Facebook. After seeing what kinds of crazy comments some people post on FB pages including small bird aviaries, I don't blame her for not allowing them.
I highly doubt there are conspiracy theories that are going to start popping out for bird breeder reviews along with all the other misinformation.

Maybe this was all bad timing and the bird would have been great in 2 weeks time I don't know. I'm not out here on this forum or instagram telling people not to buy from her or anything else. Buy all the bird's you want from her, I'm not stopping you or telling you not to.

You had a good experience with her, great. Maybe other's haven't. It happens.