Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

~~~~Just Sick. I Am Just Sick...~~~~

~~Woe Is Me...Need To Express...~~

This thread has 25 replies and has been viewed 510 times.

Old 11-19-2020, 10:39 AM   #21
JackieRTP

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

JackieRTP will become famous soon enough

I would recommend avoiding websites that give incorrect information about COVID-19 and other viruses like you are proposing about the virus not being able to go through mucous membranes. It is already settled science that they can enter through mucous membranes.
JackieRTP is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #22
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

Easy guys, this is a bird site and not a medical board. COVID is a topic that seems be mutating everyday as truths are discovered, discarded, changed and adopted on a daily basis. Everybody's understanding is imperfect so let's keep our comments polite and respectful.
Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge - Bo
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #23
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie3860 View Post
Easy guys, this is a bird site and not a medical board. COVID is a topic that seems be mutating everyday as truths are discovered, discarded, changed and adopted on a daily basis. Everybody's understanding is imperfect so let's keep our comments polite and respectful.

Thank you, Ozzie! You are 100% correct about disagreeing/negative comments! They do not belong in this forum! I get tired of them.

How's your " baby " coming along? Growing like a weed?

Dave
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:19 PM   #24
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
Thank you, Ozzie! You are 100% correct about disagreeing/negative comments! They do not belong in this forum! I get tired of them.

How's your " baby " coming along? Growing like a weed?

Dave
Rio is doing great but he in the everything goes into his beak phase. Add that he seems to like us and need to preen all our freckles and moles he can be a bit of a challenge. A lot different than rescuing an older bird.
Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge - Bo
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #25
JackieRTP

Parrotlets Owned: 1

JackieRTP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie3860 View Post
Our understanding of COVID-19 and other science based topics (including birds) does shift and change based on new information and data. All my comments were polite and respectful, despite any claims otherwise.

Last edited by JackieRTP; 11-19-2020 at 03:57 PM..
JackieRTP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:15 PM   #26
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Ozzie... I had a problem with Ricochet nip/biting me! I wrote to the forum and got all kinds of advice on how to slow the biting down. One time, I had 34 bites taken out of me ! My arms looked like I had been hit by buckshot! Ricochet had a way of not just biting, but he actually took a sliver of my skin into his mouth! He was quick about it because he knew he was wrong. Hit and fly...hit and fly...that's how he did it.

The bites bled profusely because of my thin blood, so I had band-aides all over me. If he saw a freckle or a spot of some kind, he went for it. It was driving me crazy. I tried everything to stop him.

He was 6 months old when this behavior started and it took me 2 months to get him stopped. I had to find a weakness about him, something that I could do to get through to him not to bite me. I refused to wear long sleeves here in Florida, so I used "timing" to get an edge over his behavior.

I would get him to play with me. When we played, I constantly gave him a bite of his favorite treat during play time. ( it was during this time when he would sneak in most of his bites ) . Well, he would sneak in a bite and I would have him step up and I took him to his cage for time out, while all the time I had him on my finger, I lowered my voice an said, " No no bite! Bad Bird! No no bite! "

Up to this point, I had tried everything I could think of and what the forum could think of to do. It took me about 4 days and dozens of play sessions ( that ended up with him in time out with a scolding) before it sank into his brain that he was acting out a bad no no. But, it worked! He stopped biting little slivers of skin off of me and my arms cleared up!

We played and he was given a frequent treat during playtime, then when he bit me, he lost his playtime and treats and ended up in jail. It was the repetition, loss of rewards and loss of freedom that worked along with consistency.

Maybe you could try to find Rio's " hot button ", so to speak. Just saying "no no " doesn't work. You never know what will work or not work. Keep trying and don't give up! You have a baby, but he is smart and will figure it out, one day.

Dave

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote