Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

Hope everyone is doing okay..

This thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 144 times.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:37 PM   #1
Bryan

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

Bryan will become famous soon enough

Hope everyone is doing okay..

I have not be on much with everything going on. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and see how everyone was doing with this crazy virus.

We have been just staying at home after stocking up on a few months worth of food and supplies. We are in a small town so things are okay here so far and we can get what we need. (We even still have toilet paper.. hehe)

There is one reported case two counties away but so far nothing real close here and we only have 13 cases state wide so far but that will likely change as they test more. I just hope things don't get too bad and that they can get this figured out soon..

Last edited by Bryan; 03-18-2020 at 03:45 PM..
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

we have two victims in our county. One guy walked around with it for a few weeks before deciding to get checked out so many more are expected. It will be interesting.
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
JackieRTP

JackieRTP is on a distinguished road

I live in North Carolina and as of today, 63 people have tested positive for COVID-19. My county has 12 cases and I live about 1/4 mile from the next county, which has 17 cases. Per the order of the governor, schools in my state have been closed, and restaurants and bars have been closed to dine-in customers - but takeout is allowed. With my job, I luckily have the capability to work from home using a work laptop. I have been doing so and setup the laptop next to my parrotlet's cage. He has been able to be out of his cage most of the day. The biggest challenge I have is keeping him from stealing the trackpoint from the laptop. He has chosen to spend a lot of time on my shoulder.

Last edited by JackieRTP; 03-18-2020 at 04:31 PM..
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2020, 04:53 PM   #4
Bryan

I have been watching the coronavirus task force press conferences on youtube and I check the CDC and local heath department websites everyday to see what is going on. The cases seem to about double everyday and if that keeps going it will get crazy quick.

I just hope the young people are taking this serious so there is less impact on the older folks..

Old 03-18-2020, 07:58 PM   #5
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

I am glad that nobody in this forum is reporting any sort of virus. I stay home almost all of the time. Vicki has been working at home. She works for a company who gets Federal Government contracts.
She will be home for 2 weeks, mostly with conference calls and her laptop computer.

Please read Jackie's last thread from Lefeber. There is a lot of good info about how the Corona-19 virus affects your parrotlet. There are 2 places you can click on that references the Pacific Parrotlet and regular Parrotlet.

For the most part, it states that parrots can get the C-19 virus, but it would not be likely. Just in case, Vicki and I do not give kisses to Ricochet or each other at this time.

If I get the C-19 virus, I am a goner. My body can't take the virus. Only a miracle would save me.

May God keep you all well and Bless you all !

David and Vicki and Ricochet
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM   #6
Bryan

Just wanted to share this website with everyone in the US. It is a COVID-19 projection website that uses data to predict the peak number of things by state. I know the taskforce is using some kind of model but not sure if it is this one or not. It does seem to change as they get new data but if they are right my state seems to be okay on beds and ventilators.

I guess they are going to talk more about things tomorrow but wanted to share this with everyone. Stay safe we are going into the thick of it real soon and some are already there...

There is a drop down box to select your state...
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Last edited by Bryan; Yesterday at 08:48 PM..
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #7
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Thanks, Bryan. I heard that Orange County ( Orlando area) in Fla has 268 known cases and only one death. One of my neighbors down the street had about 6 people over to their home and they all sat out in the driveway drinking beer.

The police came along and made them go home. Why do people do this? It is dangerous and stupid! Just stay home. Period!
Dave
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #8
Bryan

I made my last run for bread and a few things today but now I am staying in for the next two months. I am not going anywhere just sitting at home and spending time out in my yard when I need a little fresh air.

My county is still clear but the bigger towns in Missouri are starting to get bad. The website I linked says we are 41 days out till peak but who knows how accurate this is.