~~~Vicki Rushed To Hospital! Was It The Virus?~~~ - Page 2 - Talk Parrotlets Forums

User Menu
Forum Home
Parrotlet Gallery
Today's Posts
Register now!
Search

Advanced Search
Forums
Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Housing

Do It Yourself

Parrotlet Pictures

Your Parrotlet's Health

Parrotlet Diet

Training and Bonding

Parrotlet Breeding

Parrotlet Articles

Parrotlet Rainbow Bridge

Parrotlet Vet Listing

Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

~~~Vicki Rushed To Hospital! Was It The Virus?~~~

~~Something Was Terribly Wrong!~~

This thread has 15 replies and has been viewed 272 times.

Old 03-24-2020, 10:50 PM   #11
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
I am truly glad she is doing well. What a terrible time for this to happen. It's not bad enough. But with everyone at high alert and high anxiety it only served to make a bad and scary incident much worse for both of you. It was nice of the hospital to take the time to give a call and especially an apology.

BTW, when I had that sort of issue, I was told by the Dr to drink pure cranberry juice. (Not the Ocean Spray etc mix). I have done that. Pure cranberry juice is VERY tart. But, after a while I got used to it - in small doses at a time.

Please stay safe and healthy - both you two and Riccochet too!
You stay safe, too! I have had 5-6 episodes of kidney stone attacks in the past! I drank the real cranberry juice, with a twist of lemon in it and it would go right through me. Vicki drinks a cranberry/pomegranate mix and it goes right through her.

The doctor put me on a strict diet one time because I kept having stones. I followed that diet religiously and lost 9 pounds in 6 months! Then, on the 7th month, I ended up in the ER with a kidney stone attack! I tripled my water intake during that time, but got a stone anyway. They had to operate on me with a procedure called a Stone Basket .They went up inside of me and crushed the two stones that were stuck.

My doctor came to see me in the hospital and I had a copy of the diet he gave me. I wadded it up and threw it at his chest and told him, " I followed your diet and the surgeon told me he took two of the biggest stones ( calcium oxalate ) out of me that he had ever seen! "

The doctor apologized and just stood there scratching his head. Those stones are painful!

Everybody, please drink plenty of fluids!

Dave
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 07:06 AM   #12
kpenguins48

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

kpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Yahoo to kpenguins48
So glad Vicki is feeling better. Phew!

The Little Prince
kpenguins48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:33 PM   #13
David Miller

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpenguins48 View Post
So glad Vicki is feeling better. Phew!
Thanks! She did not get the dreaded urinary infection that I used to get after a stone crystal cut me up as it moved through me. The doc's always put me on Keflex after a stone movement.

NEWS...Barbara, my great-niece ( my brother's daughter's daughter) is engaged to marry a dude who is 6 foot 8 inches tall! He is one of the most nicest persons I have met in a long time. Sonya is 5 foot even! She was born a preemie and weighed less than 2 pounds. She struggled to thrive and eventually became a member of the National Honor's Society in high school and college. We love her so much!

Say hello to Sophie, the parrotlet!

Dave
Old 03-28-2020, 10:49 AM   #14
Bigboy

Bigboy is on a distinguished road

Well, it seems congratulations are in order for your entire family. First, of course, congratulations to Vicki for getting through that harrowing experience relatively "easily". Secondly, congratulations to your grand niece Barbara. What an exciting time for her. You do sound very proud of her and happy for her. The difference in height between me and my husband is about 1 foot. I am about 5'4" and he is 6'4". He has a friend who is just short of 7'. There is a picture of me standing between them. It looks like I am standing in a hole. Tell Barbara the height difference won't matter as long as you come together in the heart. ( also in the mind). Stay safe and healthy.
Bigboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:47 PM   #15
Coco

Experience: Parrotlet Lover

Coco will become famous soon enough

Sorry about what Vickie had to go through.
I really do understand because when I had pneumothorax, I black and blue out of oxygen and waited in ER for 6 hourís because so many patients that night. Finally the ER doctor thought itís pneumonia and gave me wrong antibiotics make my condition worse.

Wishing all the best for all of you.
Wishing all of us go through this Coronavirus nightmare.

Tina
Old 03-28-2020, 10:05 PM   #16
David Miller

Exclamation

Thanks, everyone. Even though there is a very serious deadly virus going around, life goes on with the good and bad. Let us all pray for the human race. Let us all do the best we can to slow down the spread of this horrible disease!

God Bless You All !

David, Vicki and Ricochet