Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

~~~~What You Can Use To Kill COVID-19 Viruses~~~~

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 120 times.

Old 03-06-2020, 09:17 PM   #1
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation ~~~~What You Can Use To Kill COVID-19 Viruses~~~~

I saw an article on the Yahoo page when I booted up today. It had a list of products we can use that will kill the coronavirus ( COVID-19).

Besides the suggestion of mixing vodka and 70% rubbing alcohol and using this as a hand sanitizer, it gave a huge list of name products to use like Clorox, Lysol and Purell products.

For this huge list, contact: Americanchemistry.com. I was surprised what was on that list!

Stay Well !!!

David, Vicki, and Ricochet
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #2
TheBeans

Parrotlets Owned: 1

TheBeans has a spectacular aura aboutTheBeans has a spectacular aura about

I would question the validity of the Yahoo article. If these products absolutely killed the virus then every hospital and urgent clinic would be dousing their patients with the stuff. I live in Washington, which has been in the news with lots of deaths happening from this virus. My SIL is a physician and says the very best thing that you can do is wash your hands for 20+ seconds (including between your fingers and under your nails) often...hot water and soap...and to use hand sanitizer when you cannot wash your hands. Do not shake hands (elbow-bump if you must do something instead of shaking hands) and do not touch your face (which is really hard to remember!). Spray or wash down doorknobs, light switches, car handles, cell phones---especially important if you have small children in the house as they bring home every germ out there from their schools. It's important to try and keep as calm as possible, drink lots of water (a hydrated cell has a better chance of staying healthy) and get rest. Avoid large public places. And if you have a compromised immune system, consider staying home and having your groceries delivered! Hang in there, everyone....it will pass but we are nowhere near even hitting the peak of this virus.

Daisy's hatch-day: 12/10/2014
TheBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:38 PM   #3
Bryan

Bryan will become famous soon enough

The CDC links the same kind of list and is where it probably was found originally. There are several links on that page and the one David mentioned is one of them...
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...infection.html

I went out and bought a bunch of hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap today. I put a bottle of hand sanitizer in my truck and will use it when I leave like the grocery store.. etc I could not find Purell and there was a few stores that were out of stock but did find some that was 70% alcohol so it should be fine. If I had to I could hunker down for a month or so before I had to go get more food.

Last edited by Bryan; 03-07-2020 at 06:45 AM..
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2020, 11:44 PM   #4
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

The article was not just Yahoo bound. It was a direction to another site and backed by the CDC and EPA( pretty powerful organizations). The article was about using hand sanitizers when out in the public and at home. Here in Florida, there are hand sanitizers all over the place. Disney has put thousands out in their 4 main parks. The CDC, EPA, and the World Health Organization ( WHO ) all say that the best way to help combat the Covid-19 virus or any flu, besides staying in your home, is to wear a proper mask and maintain it when around other people, wash your hands with warm soap and water often, and use hand sanitizers containing at least 70% alcohol if available. It is understood that there is no cure for flues or colds. I just watched a TV report from all these organizations.

I know Washington is starting to get hit hard. Florida has its first few cases ( 128, according to our local newspaper). No deaths yet.

I hope no one gets this virus. If you are healthy and get it, you will have an very good chance of beating it, according to the WHO.

It is getting to where a person can't know what the proper thing to do about anything, anymore. One expert says this, and another says that. I guess just do the best you can do. I stay in the middle of the road on most things.

Please everybody, be safe out there. I really care about this world

and all people from all walks of life. Have a Blessed day.

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #5
Bryan

Bryan will become famous soon enough

So far Missouri is still clear according to the CDC website. They have started updating it everyday now and is my go to for accurate information. I know it is going to get worse as the test kits become more readily available.

I have done the best I can do and will just stay home for the most part unless I need groceries. I went out for my last takeout meal today. It just seems safer to eat at home for now.

Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #6
JackieRTP

JackieRTP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
The CDC, EPA, and the World Health Organization ( WHO ) all say that the best way to help combat the Covid-19 virus or any flu, besides staying in your home, is to wear a proper mask and maintain it when around other people, wash your hands with warm soap and water often, and use hand sanitizers containing at least 70% alcohol if available.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, World Health Organization, and the US Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams - they have recommended that the general public NOT wear masks. Masks may actually increase your coronavirus risk if worn improperly. If you are healthy (this includes both adults and children), you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection, or you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19. Wearing a surgical mask is also a good idea if you have a respiratory illness or are immuno-compromised.
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:14 PM   #7
ozzie3860
Super Moderator

Parrotlets Owned: 2
Experience: Parrotlet Enthusiast

ozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to beholdozzie3860 is a splendid one to behold

We have our first confirmed case the next county over. I suspect it will be like a bad flu season with everybody knowing at least a few people to get it.
Resistance was futile, they are just that cute.
ozzie3860 is online now   Reply With Quote