Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

~~~Help Us Talk This Over...~~~

~~Vicki And I Want Your Opinion~~

This thread has 22 replies and has been viewed 624 times.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:24 AM   #21
kpenguins48

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

kpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of lightkpenguins48 is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Yahoo to kpenguins48
Dave, I can't imagine you not having a parrotlet. I don't know you well; we spoke on the phone only once. I have observed, however, that your parrotlets have made you "light up." Right now, of course you're grieving and I know you're still grieving for Bogie. Even though you are grieving you still light up when you speak of them. Those special creatures were a big part of your life.

You are concerned that you may wind up in and out of the hospital. I agree with Tina when she said we never know how long we're going to be here. I was seriously ill last year and nearly died, but I'm still here! Let me tell you, the three times I was released from the hospital and got home, it was wonderful to be greeted by my little green "daughter."

After I lost my 13 year old Timmy two years ago, I said "No more birds!" I couldn't imagine having another companion for so long and then losing him/her. I didn't want to go through it again. That lasted a month. The apartment was too quiet, too depressing and I had nobody to talk to. I wound up getting my little girl from C & Skye and I'm so glad I did. I know you are usually alone during the day and I personally believe everybody needs a little company.

My advice to you is to follow your heart. Go with your gut. You can't go wrong. I believe there is another little bird out there somewhere that needs you and Vicki. I hope you find one another. I can't think of a luckier little bird.

Love to you,
Barb (and Sophie)

The Little Prince

Last edited by kpenguins48; 04-08-2020 at 07:48 AM..
kpenguins48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #22
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpenguins48 View Post
Dave, I can't imagine you not having a parrotlet. I don't know you well; we spoke on the phone only once. I have observed, however, that your parrotlets have made you "light up." Right now, of course you're grieving and I know you're still grieving for Bogie. Even though you are grieving you still light up when you speak of them. Those special creatures were a big part of your life.

You are concerned that you may wind up in and out of the hospital. I agree with Tina when she said we never know how long we're going to be here. I was seriously ill last year and nearly died, but I'm still here! Let me tell you, the three times I was released from the hospital and got home, it was wonderful to be greeted by my little green "daughter."

After I lost my 13 year old Timmy two years ago, I said "No more birds!" I couldn't imagine having another companion for so long and then losing him/her. I didn't want to go through it again. That lasted a month. The apartment was too quiet, too depressing and I had nobody to talk to. I wound up getting my little girl from C & Skye and I'm so glad I did. I know you are usually alone during the day and I personally believe everybody needs a little company.

My advice to you is to follow your heart. Go with your gut. You can't go wrong. I believe there is another little bird out there somewhere that needs you and Vicki. I hope you find one another. I can't think of a luckier little bird.

Love to you,
Barb (and Sophie)
Your words ring true! I remember when Timmy passed away and the forum all told you to get another p'lett. I even pushed you to get another. I remember your posts about all the loneliness you were going through. When Bogie passed, I felt that, too. The silence was deafening! Vicki was at work, so I, like you, had to bear it every long day.

You should see the poetry I wrote! I wrote about how the absence of something/someone magnifies what a person feels when they miss something ( Absence makes the heart grow fonder).

The difference now is that Vicki is working from home right now, so I see her and hear her and have lunch prepared for her, etc.. This helps me deal with the loss of Ricochet.

I appreciated it very much when you sent a nice gift when Bogie passed! That gift still warms my and Vicki's heart to this very day. I guess I am old and worn out! I worked about 18 hours a day for years and was told to slow down but I didn't. Now I am paying for it dearly.

I desperately want another p'lett! But I am worried that it wouldn't be fair to that little bird because I am not even close to being 100% there for him/her. I nap a lot during the day and I forget things easily. When I write in this forum, I write sentences about a subject and forget to put in a word and it changes what I really meant. Like the other day I made a statement about all breeders are liars. I caught someone's attention with that statement. I didn't mean that about all breeders. I meant that about all breeders who tell customers a lie to sell you a bird. I didn't catch this. I usually do. Someone noticed the way I wrote it. I think my medicine is messing me up or I am just getting old!

All the forum members out there do not realize how much I love and appreciate them. Vicki says the same thing. I have made long distance friends out there! These friends have pushed me to keep an interest in something...the parrotlet. Bogie... Ricochet....????....

Finding a good and healthy p'lett is hard to do. I lucked out twice, but I hope a third time is a better charm, possibly.

David and Vicki
David Miller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #23
BentleysMom

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

BentleysMom is on a distinguished road

A wise person very recently told me (Dave) that if I was thinking about getting another parrotlet, then it was already time! You and Vicki have so much love to give and in my humble opinion another baby is just what you need. How could it be anything other than a parrotlet? They really keep you going and the relationship with them is like no other pet!

I hope you get to find your new baby soon!
BentleysMom is offline   Reply With Quote