Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

~~~~I Wish I Had A Parrotlett ! ~~~~

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  David Miller 
#1 ·
~~~~~I can't wait for the high 5's and hugs...
Instead of taking, anti-virus drugs.
For all the bad things, I see an TV,
Can be shelved away, for eternity!

I want to get on, with my wonderful life.
And concentrate on what really matters.
Like, bringing inside, the morning newspaper,
And reading something, that actually flatters.

My brighter moments, each day have always been,
When my wife enters the room, that I happen to be in.
It can be windy and pouring, and no sunshine outside-
Just one thought of her, makes me feel better inside!

Even though I suffer daily, with pain and memory loss-
There's something missing- it's really absurd...
The Joy and the Love of having...
Myself a parrotlet bird!

David:(

See less See more
#6 ·
It's definitely not me. I would get a new Parrotlet in a heartbeat. That being said... My husband is now firmly against it. And, frankly, now, I am on his side. Only because in the future I hope to do some major traveling. And I wouldn't want to leave a new little buddy. So, for now, at least, I hope you will still allow me to come here and reminisce and enjoy and be a bit envious.

#8 ·
Thanks. The traveling is more in he dreaming stage. I have a 95 year old mother. She lives alone, totally independently. I am an only child. I take her to her Drs appointments every 2 weeks or so and shopping. I've recently (since the pandemic) started to do her wash. I go to her house every Sunday to pick it up. So, for at least the time being, I'm not going anywhere too far or for too long a stay.

#9 ·
I see you will be busy for a while . This is what I am facing, except it is my health that worries me. I just found out ( last week ) that I have a blood disease in its first stage. It is not treatable.( It's called _?___Albumin _?___ ). I don't have the paper with me.

This past 6 months, I have been very ill. Now, the red blood cells are disappearing in my blood and I am super anemic. I noticed my veins changed color and when they took 16 vials of blood out of me last week, the color of my blood was way off. I asked the phlebotomist if he thought the color was wrong and he looked away from me and hardly said a word the rest of the lab meeting. He was real friendly at first. I got the results and now I know why he looked away from me. This year...I don't get it! It has been bad, bad, bad!

I have to go through testing every four months for the rest of my life.

I have to make sure that Vicki would really want to take care of 'Buster' if I get him. I know she would take great care, but if I pass on over to the human Rainbow Bridge, her life will change a lot. So, we have to talk, talk, talk about it.:confused:

Dave:confused:

#11 ·
I had to tell my son and his family that the disease is hereditary. We do not know of any family member having this, but it is a very hard disease to find. I have Stage 3 chronic kidney failure and this is how they found it. Actually, I should have met my maker 2 years ago, but I keep hanging on. Besides the times I can't hardly lift my arms and legs, I manage to get up and go. Bogie, Ricochet and Savannah, along with Vicki, has kept me going!
We went to see our granddaughter Sunday and she grabbed my arm and pulled on me to get me out f my chair. She took me over to her " Kitchen" and we pretended to make breakfast with the fake food.
She pulled and said, " Gam Pa ..Come " I had to get up. Everybody was surprised, but I...got...up!
This keeps me going...

David;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.