Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

~~~Vicki and David's Announcement!~~~

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  David Miller 
#1 ·
I am happy to announce that Vicki and I will celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary tomorrow, April 24th, 2020. We were married on a Wednesday night, right after church services at the Prairie Lake Baptist Church in Orlando. We fell in love and we have had an amazing marriage all these years.

Vicki is not only my wife...she is my friend...my confidant...my sister... my soul mate...my lover...my mother...someone who I am so glad to see every morning of every day!

We made an agreement to never, ever, go to bed mad at each other! We stuck to that rule and I have never slept on the couch, so to speak. If we had an argument, we worked it out, even if it took until 4 in the morning. We always compromised and never had to say, " I told you so! "

We were lucky! I am so fortunate. I am glad I met her!

We can't go out to dinner because of the virus, so dinner will come to us! We will go out later.

Vicki and David;):rolleyes:

See less See more
#22 ·
Good decisions were made along the way with Devine intervention, Dave.
Sheltering in our 5th and last house enjoying the retirement earned with "kids" living an hour away from us. We are blessed.
I know exactly what you mean! Vicki and I are so lucky that we have a ' Divine Mercy " watching over us! We are truly Blessed. Our son ended up a good man. He was an honor student and never gave us a problem with drugs, smoking, cheating, stealing, etc. We were lucky! He and his wife and child are 35 minutes away from us. He works 3 miles from our home and I go see him all the time. He runs the place, so I get some quality time with him.

I m so glad you have ' made ' it all those years! It was simple for Vicki and me. Our marriage never was in trouble. Vicki's father was a Florida State Trooper for 35 years. In the 70's, I asked Vicki if it would be okay for me to go to the police academy and she said, " It's okay with me! I grew up in law enforcement and know what to expect."

I had it made! This helped my career out because of the "policeman's wife syndrome" never existed. She knew the risk. I made a promise to always come home safely. I am lucky!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.