Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Will one of you help me do something on the computer

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Ms_F 
#1 ·
I want to post a photo at a site i just went to an ti says that the picture is too big how do I manualy make it smaller what does that mean..help:confused:

#2 ·
Memmey,

There are two ways of doing this that I know (I am a non-expert). One is to right click on the picture, select Send To - Mail Recipient; it should offer you to reduce the image in the letter; then right click on the reduced image and hit Save As - this should give you an image that works.

Alternately you can subscribe to Photobucket - it's a free photo hoasting site. this allows you to upload your pictures and then get around the size limits of the board you wish to post to. If you look at the pictures I posted of Sparky & MeMe in the pictures section, you will see the results.

There is a good explanation on one of the other boards I belong to www.tomyang.net one of the sticky threads at the top of the restoration forum explains pictureposting in detail.

Regards,

Art S.

PS. hopefully someone with more experience will post some better suggestions but hopefully this will get you started.

#3 · (Edited)
Art I checked the site but I don't guess I know what I'm doing That's a given!!!!I put one photo on photobucket but I don't know how to retrieve to the site? do you?

Nevermind I'm gonna start screaming in just one second!!!!!!!!

I figured it out!!!!!!! I did it I did it!!!!!!This is my dining rom..lol lol all this aggravation for this stupid picture that's OK now I can do this!!!!!http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o243/memmey/home015-1.jpg

This picture was for another site obviously not a bird photo but it is Bitsey Jo's house lolololol I did it Ididit!!!

#4 ·
Photobucket now has an option for picture size when you upload the photo.

So you choose the photo you'd like to upload, then click on the option right below it, and choose the size you'd like. It'll automatically resize it for you.

Are you trying to post the pic to a message board?

If so, use the code.

Or, there should just be a URL link provided.

#7 ·
Memmey,

Congratulations! You did it!

Now you can go one step better; photobucket has several posting options, if you want the picture to open into the text, use the one, just copy what it says in that line into the text of your post and a picture will show up.

Take a look at the posting pictures thread in the Ferrari restoration section on the site link in my previous post, they did a very good job describing how to do this as well as explaining the various options - if you master all of these, you will be a wiz and you have more time and patience for this stuff than I do :D .

Good Luck,

Art S.

PS. nice dining room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.