Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

~~~Very Funny Joke Involving A Parrotlet~~~

763 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  David Miller 
#1 ·
I was looking back at the beginning third of the original first draft manuscript in Bogie's book. I saw this funny situation written as a side bar. It did not get included in the second draft. This funny situation first appeared in a thread I wrote 3-4 years ago.

Here goes~~~

A young man named John received a very talkative parrotlet as a gift. The parrotlet had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary! Every word out of the bird;s mouth was rude, obnoxious, and laced with, well, let's just say nasty words!

John tried to change the bird's attitude by constantly saying only polite words, playing soft music, and anything else he could think of to clean up his bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrotlet. The parrotlet yelled back! John shook the parrotlet and it got angrier and even more rude! John, in desperation, threw up his hands, then grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer!

For a few minutes, the bird squawked and kicked and screamed and made all kinds of threats! Suddenly, there was total silence. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Feeling that e may have hurt the parrotlet, John opened up the door to the freezer. The parrotlet calmly stepped up on John's outreached hands and said, " I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I am sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned by the change in the bird's attitude he was about to ask the parrotlet what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior when the bird spoke up softly and said,

" I saw something in the freezer and may I ask what the turkey did? ":D:D:D:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't resist putting this in the forum again. I guess the p'lett saw the frozen turkey and decided to shape up...or else!

David;)

See less See more
#4 ·
I couldn't wait until Thanksgiving to repeat it. I was looking at a pic of Timmy.....He was such a good looking companion! He and Bogie looked a lot like each other. I still love both of them, even though they are gone.:(

Hope you are doing well!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.