Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

~~~Doggie Sitting Again!~~~

706 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  David Miller 
#1 ·
Well, my son and his family decided to go on a short vacation. They went a couple of hours away to a beach cottage until Friday! Florida has some great beaches and this time of year is a nice time to go.

So, my wife and I are watching his fox terrier named Coco!

She was an abused puppy when my son saved her. Coco has been the best pet ever and she got along pretty well when Bogie was alive. Bogie would talk to her and sit near her and just chilled out. I made sure they didn't get too close. Coco did nip at Bogie one time and I had quickly put my hand between her mouth and Bogie and I got nipped!

I got them to be friends and they ended up being pals! But...I kept them apart, for sure.

Coco is now a diabetic and blind, but she gets around okay, She is such a sweet girl! The first thing she did when I got her on Monday was go over to Bogie's and Ricochet's cage area and looked/smelled for them! I still have a cage out on a table and Coco thought Bogie was there. She keeps smelling the air near the cage.

A few minutes ago, Coco went over to the cage area and barked one time! Then, she just stood there and stared. I assured her that Bogie or Ricochet was not there. I guided her away and then, a minute later, she went back over to the cage and barked one time again! Just then, Vicki got home from work and when she opened the front door to come inside, Coco didn't even move. She kept staring/smelling at the cage.

Vicki said, " This is spooky! " I said that this is the second time she went to the cage and barked and stood there. We know Coco can't see at all. She did not hear anything, either!

I swear, she was convinced something was there...maybe the Spirits of my two long lost p'letts? I do not know. It could have been that she wanted them to come out and play... But it was sooo weird! Right now, she is sitting next to the cage....she won't come to my voice when I call her and she always had come to me before!

Something is going on.

Well, I have to give her her insulin shot now and then feed her. What's with these pets?

David and Vicki:confused::confused:

See less See more
#3 ·
I think Coco was calling for her bird-pals. She knew she was in the right place and it smelled right (which is important when one is blind) but it was quiet and she didn't understand why. So, she called out...and it was still quiet. Poor Coco...she doesn't know.

#4 ·
Coco was convinced I still had a bird! When it was time to take her home to my son, she kept running back and forth from the cage area to our front door, where we were calling her to put on her leash!

I think she thought that we were forgetting to take Bogie or Ricochet along with us! It was weird. Right then, I felt so saddened! It made me think of how much I miss my p'letts.

I want another p'lett, but right now, I am barely walking and the pain is getting unbearable. I have hired someone to take care of my yard! For the first time in my life, I can't even mow my lawn!

I can handle a lot of pain, but I feel like I can't handle anymore at all. I'm fighting the best I can, but I know I will soon be depending on Vicki way too much and I refuse to be a burden to anyone.

Oh, well....life.

David:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.