Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

I found the cure.

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  David Miller 
#1 ·
Y'all I did it. I found the cure for MBS.

Have a baby. :eek:

I'm having such a hard time being a good bird mom right now, it's so hard :( I'm sure it will get easier but I haven't been able to spend hardly any time with Lilly, I feel terrible. John has been bind ng with her more so that's good but I know she's missing me. The Bourks have less time out (like only 5 hours a day or more LOL poor birdies :rolleyes: ) I feel like all I do is chase them around telling them not to poop on stuff or trying to clean their poop. Melody is just such a brat, I knew she would be a problem we can't have her near the baby at all! First chance she got she lunged at him and tried to bite him and yesterday I didn't realize she was out and I turned the sink on and she flew over and bit his pinky I felt HORRIBLE!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Violet,
I am not just saying this, but that is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! Seriously, he has a great look about him and he smiles/laughs in a gorgeous way! Vicki just told me to tell you that DJ will be a huge part of your life from now on and do not feel guilty about your relationship with your birds. Pretty soon, after you get your routine down pat, you will make time to play with them! These birds are a great pet for DJ when he gets a little older!

By the way---HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY this Sunday! This will be your first Mother's Day! Father's Day is coming up too!

May God Bless You and Yours and May He Richly Bless All Three of You!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

#6 ·
Oh, I forgot...When I looked at your little angel, it reminded me of what my mother used to say to all the babies. She used to say, " Your such a cute Pumpkin eater! " I asked her one day why she said that to all the babies and she said, " Well, they are belly breathers and when they are full of food, it looks like they swallowed a pumpkin ! "

We have a huge family, so I heard the pumpkin stuff for many, many years. DJ reminded me of what my mother used to say. Thanks for the memory.

David

#9 ·
DJ is absolutely adorable! And as for Miss Melody, she just needs to chill her little fluffy butt out. Honestly! These birds! They want to be the center of attention all the time.

Don't feel stressed out about your bird babies. They'll be fine. You'll find more time later for them later when DJ is a little older.

#12 ·
Thanks everyone, seriously he is the most adorable baby boy ever. I'm being totally objective of course hahahaha

At least Lilly is doing alright around him. She is not jealous or even really curious, she just kind of treats him like another inanimate object we happen to be holding. Johnny was using DJ's hand to scritch her while he was asleep and she was perfectly happy about it! :p

#13 ·
Thanks everyone, seriously he is the most adorable baby boy ever. I'm being totally objective of course hahahaha

At least Lilly is doing alright around him. She is not jealous or even really curious, she just kind of treats him like another inanimate object we happen to be holding. Johnny was using DJ's hand to scritch her while he was asleep and she was perfectly happy about it! :p
There's nothing like breathing in the same air space as your little Darling Jewel ( DJ ) . Lilly has good taste! She knows a quality scritch when she gets one. One day, DJ will be playing with your flock and you will hear the most delightful giggling that your ears will ever hear!

Keep a journal so you can cherish every sweet moment of your little one's life ! I guarantee you will look into that journal 10 years from now and relive past experiences with glee! I kept a journal of my son's life and it is worth its weight in gold! I could write a book from it!

May God Richly Bless You and Yours!

Sleep well, little one...sleep well.:)

David and Vicki

#14 ·
Oh, I forgot...When I looked at your little angel, it reminded me of what my mother used to say to all the babies. She used to say, " Your such a cute Pumpkin eater! " (quote from David)

My mom used to say (and still does) that all babies look like Winston Churchill! I think DJ is a doll!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.