Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Hope everyone is doing okay..

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  JackieRTP 
#1 · (Edited)
I have not be on much with everything going on. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and see how everyone was doing with this crazy virus.

We have been just staying at home after stocking up on a few months worth of food and supplies. We are in a small town so things are okay here so far and we can get what we need. (We even still have toilet paper.. hehe)

There is one reported case two counties away but so far nothing real close here and we only have 13 cases state wide so far but that will likely change as they test more. I just hope things don't get too bad and that they can get this figured out soon.. :(

#2 ·
we have two victims in our county. One guy walked around with it for a few weeks before deciding to get checked out so many more are expected. It will be interesting.

#3 · (Edited)
I live in North Carolina and as of today, 63 people have tested positive for COVID-19. My county has 12 cases and I live about 1/4 mile from the next county, which has 17 cases. Per the order of the governor, schools in my state have been closed, and restaurants and bars have been closed to dine-in customers - but takeout is allowed. With my job, I luckily have the capability to work from home using a work laptop. I have been doing so and setup the laptop next to my parrotlet's cage. He has been able to be out of his cage most of the day. The biggest challenge I have is keeping him from stealing the trackpoint from the laptop. He has chosen to spend a lot of time on my shoulder.

#4 ·
I have been watching the coronavirus task force press conferences on youtube and I check the CDC and local heath department websites everyday to see what is going on. The cases seem to about double everyday and if that keeps going it will get crazy quick.

I just hope the young people are taking this serious so there is less impact on the older folks..

#5 ·
I am glad that nobody in this forum is reporting any sort of virus. I stay home almost all of the time. Vicki has been working at home. She works for a company who gets Federal Government contracts.
She will be home for 2 weeks, mostly with conference calls and her laptop computer.

Please read Jackie's last thread from Lefeber. There is a lot of good info about how the Corona-19 virus affects your parrotlet. There are 2 places you can click on that references the Pacific Parrotlet and regular Parrotlet.

For the most part, it states that parrots can get the C-19 virus, but it would not be likely. Just in case, Vicki and I do not give kisses to Ricochet or each other at this time.

If I get the C-19 virus, I am a goner. My body can't take the virus. Only a miracle would save me.

May God keep you all well and Bless you all !

David and Vicki and Ricochet;):rolleyes::)

#6 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share this website with everyone in the US. It is a COVID-19 projection website that uses data to predict the peak number of things by state. I know the taskforce is using some kind of model but not sure if it is this one or not. It does seem to change as they get new data but if they are right my state seems to be okay on beds and ventilators.

I guess they are going to talk more about things tomorrow but wanted to share this with everyone. Stay safe we are going into the thick of it real soon and some are already there...

There is a drop down box to select your state...
https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

#7 ·
Thanks, Bryan. I heard that Orange County ( Orlando area) in Fla has 268 known cases and only one death. One of my neighbors down the street had about 6 people over to their home and they all sat out in the driveway drinking beer.

The police came along and made them go home. Why do people do this? It is dangerous and stupid! Just stay home. Period!
Dave

#8 · (Edited)
I made my last run for bread and a few things today but now I am staying in for the next two months. I am not going anywhere just sitting at home and spending time out in my yard when I need a little fresh air.

My county is still clear but the bigger towns in Missouri are starting to get bad. The website I linked says we are 41 days out till peak in Missouri but who knows how accurate this is.

#9 ·
Prayers for all of you and your families ...

I’m in NJ so it’s a bit crazy here. My daughter is a nurse and as of last week she has been pulled to a covid unit ... indefinitely. She has always been strong. You really have to be to go into nursing. But this has shaken her, and all of my family, to the core. Nursing really isn’t just something you do, it’s who you are. And so she carries on even while being afraid.

May God protect all who are in professions that are on the front line ... There are so many ....

Be safe....

#10 · (Edited)
Peggy K. I can relate. I'm in Southern California. My county (as of last night) had 474 cases with 4 deaths. I'm near Los Angeles county and they have had 2,474 cases with 12 deaths as of last night.

They closed the parks and the beaches last week because of people ignoring the stay at home order and the beaches were packed with people. The police in a beach town ticketed someone for surfing a $1000.00. So. they are getting serious about this, which is a good thing.

Peggy, I have been praying for all the medical workers out there that are in the middle of all this mess. They are so brave and dedicated. I will keep your daughter in my prayers.

#13 ·
Every day there are new cases and deaths in my town. As I mentioned in a prior post, I lost someone close who was in a nursing home. She was attempting to self quarantine and stayed in her room. She mentioned that several of the other residents had “disappeared “ but they would not say where they went. When she started running a significant fever she was moved to the short term rehab side of the nursing home. Her care givers were in virtual hazmat suits. She was adamant, however, that she NOT be moved to a hospital. She even
signed some paperwork insisting on no ventilator and no hospital. So she didn’t make it, but was very strong in her belief of God and felt she was just going home to the Lord.
Like many of you, I limit my time out of the house. Had to pick up some meds today and got a few supplies, but except for a couple of driveway visits with my family, it’s just me and Pip.
We are hanging in, but he is haunting me continuously. Lol

#14 ·
I think once the large cities get past the curve they will open things back up but my state is still two weeks till peak according to the models. We still have no cases in my county right now but every county around me has a few so it is just a matter of time I am sure.

We have a small grocery store here and a Dollar General and both of them are being as safe as they can. They have six foot markings on check out lines and use masks and have the shield thing at the check out so it's about the best they can do. I keep wipes and hand sanitizer in my truck and use them when out and try to go shopping early when no one is around.

The grocery store here even offers free home delivery with $25 purchases but I leave that for the older folks to use. (It is mostly older retired people that live here since there are no jobs in the area)

Just stay safe.. They say it is getting better soon but until there is a vaccine it will not truly be over.. imo

#15 ·
Hi !
Brain and Pip Pip, I am glad you are okay. You too, Grandma Lil and your Pip! I am glad we haven't heard of the virus being passed onto our bird friends! I heard that a tiger got the Corona virus-19, here in the USA. Since the virus is reported by some scientists that the virus came from our animals in the first place, it seems that they would be getting it.

I go out to get groceries. A store called Publix let's senior citizens come in from 7-8am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to go shopping. When we get to the store, they give us our shopping carts. But, they wipe it down first!
I wear a mask so I won't touch my mouth or eyes or mustache. I wear throw away clear vinyl gloves so when I pick up cans of soup or other things that people touch before me, I won't get a virus. I wipe off the cans and plastic bags with 91% alcohol.
When Publix gets a truck with supplies, they save out groceries and they stock the shelves just before us seniors come into the stores. This helps us get needed products.

I tell you what...you can not find a handicapped space to park in on those days!:D. After I get my groceries checked out, they wipe down the conveyor belt that moves the groceries to the clerk. Then, they wipe off the Debit/Credit card authorization keyboard. This is after every customer. I like that place!

Stay well!

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

#16 ·
I have been checking about the COVID-19 and avians. I have now talked / read three virologist about it. While some coronavirus can jump species the current one is of the family that does not jump much and when does is only mammals. While everything is possible in our wonderful world the current understanding is that our birds are safe from us and too us.

#18 ·
I must say everyone getting the stimulus checks soon and Trump wanting to open things back up has me a little concerned. I know we need to get things going again but it just scares me a little. I guess we have to live with it either way but until they get a vaccine or a good therapeutic it could get worse. I am lucky and do not have to go out other then for food but I also understand there are millions out of work so lets just hope things go well and it does not start a second wave.

#19 ·
Was not sure where to post this but I found another little thing on twitter today. I guess they are putting out a documentary soon but it keeps getting deleted off of social media when people post it like youtube..etc

I am not sure who this lady is or her story will be looking her up later but the video is interesting. I think there is going to be more to this in the end even the government is saying things are just not right about it. I don't keep track of stuff like this but this one caught my eye today..

The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid-19..
https://newtube.app/user/VERITASISJUDGE/Tffjf1I

#20 ·
Was not sure where to post this but I found another little thing on twitter today. I guess they are putting out a documentary soon but it keeps getting deleted off of social media when people post it like youtube..etc

I am not sure who this lady is or her story will be looking her up later but the video is interesting. I think there is going to be more to this in the end even the government is saying things are just not right about it. I don't keep track of stuff like this but this one caught my eye today..

The Hidden Agenda Behind Covid-19..
https://newtube.app/user/VERITASISJUDGE/Tffjf1I
NPR put out an excellent article on this today at https://www.npr.org/2020/05/08/8524...e-look-at-the-viral-conspiracy-video-s-claims

That video is full of FALSE statements. Among them are the research she did where the actual paper had to be RETRACTED due to not finding what she had claimed and poor quality control in the experiments referenced. She made FALSE claims about Dr. Fauci and Ebola research. The list just goes and on of her FALSE claims. Check out the article for the details.

She has FALSELY claimed that the lab is not natural. The virus is 96% identical to one found in bats in China. This means that there was an intermediary animal involved before it affected humans, although we do not know yet what one that was. The virus was NOT created in a lab. Do NOT listen to any who repeats that.

Per Dr. Robert F. Garry, professor of microbiology and immunology at Tulane University School of Medicine. "This is a product of nature. It's not a virus that has arisen in a laboratory by any scientist, purposely manipulating something that has then been released to the public" from https://www.npr.org/2020/04/14/8341...nate-virus-hunters-find-genetic-clues-in-bats

A US study of the coronavirus genome published in March found no signs it had been engineered. "By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that SARS-CoV-2 originated through natural processes," co-author Kristian Andersen, from Scripps Research in California, said at the time. From https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52318539

BOTTOM LINE to people - do NOT waste your time watching this. She is NOT a reputable source of information on anything. Do NOT take advice from frauds like this. The best advice to take on COVID-19 is from RESPECTED medical professionals, researchers, epidemiologists, and the CDC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.