Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Parrotlets > Parrotlet Talk

Parrotlet Talk Talk about anything having to do with parrotlets here!

Notices

~~~~Time To Celebrate ! ~~~~

~~November Is A Very Special Month ! ~~

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 159 times.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #1
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation ~~~~Time To Celebrate ! ~~~~

Somewhere along the line, I ran across an article about just how November was an important month for all pets. Although almost every month has some sort of a " Pet " awareness day or week, November is next.

November 1st-National Cook For Your Pet Day.

November 2-6th is National Animal Shelter and Rescue Appreciation Week.
November 7th- National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day
November 17th- National Black Cat Day

During the whole month of November, we have specific agendas to be made aware of by humans. This includes:

Adopt A Senior Pet Month
National Senior Pet Month
Pet Diabetes Month
Pet Cancer Awareness Month

***Of course, during certain parts of the year, there are AVIAN Awareness For Specific Causes Days.***

I would like to suggest that we Parrotlet owners should find a way to get together and pressure the right people to maybe have a National Parrotlet ( Or Dwarf Parrot ) Awareness Day because there are now so many parrotlets out there being utilized as pets. I am kind of tired of hearing all about cats and dogs all the time having special days as pets. We need to be heard!

We need to " Tweet "( excuse the pun) to all our friends to help us establish this great cause.

David and Vicki and Greg and Sarah and Savannah Miller
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2020, 12:24 AM   #2
David Miller

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

I forgot to add.....The first week of November is the time people make monetary donations of food donations to the local shelters. People also have been known to volunteer some time at the shelters.

My wife and I used to donate both time and money to two places. I donated money and time to the local animal shelter and Vicki donated money and time to the local Food For The Poor warehouse. We learned how to humble ourselves to our friends in need, both human and animal. I sure slept better at night!

David and Vicki
Old 10-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
Bryan

Parrotlets Owned: 1

Bryan will become famous soon enoughBryan will become famous soon enough

Don't forget that November is also Pip's hatch month... hehe

Do they even have like a parrotlet society anymore? I know they used to have one but they closed it down... iirc

Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #4
JackieRTP

Parrotlets Owned: 1

JackieRTP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Don't forget that November is also Pip's hatch month... hehe

Do they even have like a parrotlet society anymore? I know they used to have one but they closed it down... iirc

Happy early Hatch Day to Pip!

There is no national parrotlet organization anymore since the International Parrotlet Society was shut down. That organization sent hundreds of letters to the US Fish & Wildlife Service that resulted in color mutation parrotlets being put on the Approved List for Import. The organization did many other things including education, had a free band registration system, raised money for research on mega-bacteria, sponsored speakers at several American Federation of Aviculture, etc
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:27 PM   #5
David Miller

Thumbs up

Thanks, Jackie, for reminding us of some noble causes! There is one bird society in Orlando called, " The Exotic Bird Society of America ". They put on bird shows twice a year in Orlando. They had a magazine that published many stories about Bogie and other parrotlets and parrots, but they shut it down. The bird shows have many, many, many parrotlets in it. Hardly any green ones! They are mostly blue.

I quit going to the shows because I see so many sickly p'letts there! The cages are rusty and filthy! I wish I could buy all the p'letts there and give them good homes! I feel that if I go there again, I will knock somebody's block off! ( figure of speech).

I wish I had discovered p'letts 30 years ago....I think I would have started up some sort of club for them. I am too old now.

David