Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

~~~More Bad News! I'm Telling Ya...~~~

~~Another Phone Call Today~~

This thread has 22 replies and has been viewed 1467 times.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:58 AM   #11
PeggyK

Parrotlets Owned: 1
Experience: Parrotlet Lover

PeggyK will become famous soon enough

It can all be so overwhelming. Linda, I am so sorry for your pain as well as Dave’s. I lost my parents a year apart. I cannot imagine losing siblings a week apart.
I also have a twin (a brother) and we are the babies of the family as well. I love all my siblings yet there is something in a twin bond that cannot be explained. I pray your sisters health improves.
PeggyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #12
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Unhappy

I just thought of an old saying about life and luck....

" If I didn't have no bad luck, I'd have no luck at all! "

I heard this on the old TV show, " HEE HAW ". The song was, " Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression and excessive misery. If I had no bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...Gloom, despair, and agony on me." They sang this song every show!
Thank God for the good times, though!

Dave
PS>> They are still holding off on the operation.

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 PM   #13
Bryan

Bryan will become famous soon enough

I know my issues are nothing compared to what you guys are going through but I bought an old truck and it has been a nightmare getting it fixed up. The check engine light come on the day after buying it and it needed all new ball joints when I went to get it inspected/licensed. I am no mechanic so I am paying someone to do all this stuff. I guess I got spoiled with my last truck I gave $2500 for it and it run great for eight years with on issues. This one I paid more for and it is giving me fits so far..

I loved Hee Haw when I was a kid we used to watch it everytime it was on.. hehe

Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 09:58 PM   #14
David Miller

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

Sorry to hear about your truck. I hope it gets better from now on.

I have a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Pick up that I purchased new. It has 54,000 miles on it and never broken down. In 17 years, I have kept it looking brand new. I took it in to get an oil change at the Toyota dealership and the service manager couldn't believe how new it looked. It is silver and easy to keep looking nice. It doesn't sit in the sun at all when not in use.

When I came by to pick up the truck, the service manager said that a crowd of mechanics gathered around my truck and looked it over. They took pictures. It never leaked oil and the motor looks brand new. I had two offers for me to sell it. I refused! I love my truck! Since I had half my left foot taken off in 2002, I sold my Isuzu diesel with a clutch and bought this Toyota automatic 4 cyl.

I know what it is like to be attached to a vehicle! I love my truck . Bogie wanted to drive it one day. haha. He sat on the steering wheel and went back and forth on it, then poo do'd.

Dave

Old 10-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #15
Bryan

That sounds like my dads truck. It is a 2002 chevy and has 80k miles on it and looks brand new. He did not buy it new but his friend did and he bought it off him. His does have a little rust starting on one rocker panel but he is getting that fixed soon.

The truck I bought is a 1998 ford f150 Nascar edition they only made 3k of them but it has 184k miles on it so it's to be expected I guess with that many miles. I always pay cash for my trucks and with my low income it has to be the old rejects.. hehe

Surprisingly it has been kept up pretty good it has no rust on it and the paint is really good but things just seem to keep popping up with it mechanically. The check engine light is an EGR flow issue so I am having that fixed next month and hopefully that will be the end of it. I have a picture of one that is the same truck as mine. (mine is not as nice but it's close..)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1998 Ford F150 Nascar.jpg (95.1 KB, 11 views)

Old 10-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #16
David Miller

Thumbs up

Looks like a nice truck. Once you get the bugs out of it, it should give you plenty of good service. F150's are a sturdy truck. Drive it carefully and you can have it for years.

Dave
Old 10-16-2019, 03:26 PM   #17
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
Looks like a nice truck. Once you get the bugs out of it, it should give you plenty of good service. F150's are a sturdy truck. Drive it carefully and you can have it for years.

Dave
I went and took a picture of it today. It's kind of hard to see with the black but for the age and milage it is in really good shape. The white one in the back of it was my old truck it run so well for eight years I wanted to get the same kind of truck again. The white one still runs but uses oil and started smoking so when I found this Nascar edition for a decent price I bought it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1998 Ford F150 Nascar Edition.jpg (93.8 KB, 10 views)

Old 10-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #18
David Miller

Thumbs up

Nice truck! I appreciate people who keep their vehicles nice looking!

I bought mine in 2001, although it is a 2002 single cab. i had to replace the brakes at 24,000 miles because, get this, they fell apart! They were not worn, just so old that they crumbled. The mechanic who changed the brakes asked me if he could display them in his shop. The truck was 14 years old when I had 24,000 miles on it. I had to replace the original tires because the dry rotted! I had the tires for 15 years and the tread was good, but leaking.

Dave
Old 10-17-2019, 01:58 PM   #19
David Miller

Thumbs up

My uncle is in a hospice. I just got a phone call that he will probably not make it to the end of today. I am glad I saw him yesterday!

Dave
Old 10-17-2019, 02:10 PM   #20
Bryan

I am so sorry Dave..