Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots

Go Back   Talk Parrotlets Forums > Off Topic > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here! Keep in clean.

Notices

~~~Chief " Blue Eagle " David: Shawnee Tribe~~~

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 124 times.

Old 09-14-2020, 09:47 PM   #1
David Miller

Parrotlets Owned: one
Experience: Parrotlet Owner

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up ~~~Chief " Blue Eagle " David: Shawnee Tribe~~~

Oh my! For goodness sake. " Well, I never! "

Things really amaze me from time to time....this has been the year for the weirdest things concerning me and my family.

Let me explain---

I had my DNA researched by two different companies. Each company used a different lab to develop the results of my DNA. I wanted to compare the two DNA's results to see how accurate they were. My brother did the same thing. I am telling you this, all four reports came back very similar! We received the same location percentages of our ancestry, etc. So I am a believer that we were not ripped off, so to speak.

I have told you that, to tell you this. I have been dabbling in doing some research about my relatives. I know we came to America from Germany in 1690 AD. We have proof. 330 years ago, Jacob Miller came to a place called Faulkner's Swamp, which is now the Port of Philadelphia, Penn. He moved along the Shenandoah Valley ( Virginia) and settled in Turtle Creek, WVA.

I know a lot about my Miller family, but not everything.

Now, I was contacted through my ancestry organization who did my DNA, by a long lost relative that I did not know existed. This new relative has been determined to be my 3rd cousin. She was put up for adoption and no one knew about her, because her name was changed as an infant.

This is what I love about DNA ancestry! New names and new relatives can pop up. This lady, named Traci, contacted me and we hit it off right away! I have helped her learn all about her 'NEW' family! Her real blood relatives! I sent her copies of the 2 books written about the Miller family of Turtle Creek, West Virginia.

I knew that I had a little bit of Indian blood in me because some of my DNA can be traced back to the people who crossed the Bering Straights from Russia/China to America. It was less than 1 percent.

But, Traci hired a professional to research my family and this is where I found out that in 1737, Chief Cornstalk of the Shawnee tribe in West Virginia/Virginia area, allowed one of his daughters to marry into our family! This is not a huge thing, but DNA follows the human trait forever, no matter how little the amount is.

So...I decided to give myself an Indian name. Blue Eagle. ( Because I am black and blue from the bruises I got when I recently fell) .

Anyway, I just wanted to write this down. I always wondered why I liked to go hunting, fishing and camping! haha

It goes to show you that we think we know a lot about ourselves, but something always pops up to surprise us!

David
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2020, 06:40 PM   #2
Bigboy

Bigboy is on a distinguished road

I think it is a very fitting name for one so attuned to the wonderful things with wings that soar above us in the skies. It is a pleasure knowing you Blue Eagle.
Bigboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:08 PM   #3
David Miller

David Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the roughDavid Miller is a jewel in the rough

Thumbs up

It is my pleasure knowing you,too! This forum has been a great part of me and my wife's lives, as well as Bogie's and Ricochet's lives. Vicki and I have always been charitable towards humankind and animal kind, too.

When I first got married to Vicki, we went on a Honeymoon and one day as we walked down a sidewalk, I saw a bum sitting near a telephone pole. I approached him and started talking to him about all kinds of things. Vicki stayed back and away from me as I talked to the unfortunate soul. I then reached into my pocket and gave the man a 5 dollar bill. He looked at me, then the bill.

He smiled and then thanked me a bunch of times. I continued my walk with Vicki. She said, " Oh...you're one of those nice people who gives to helpless people." ( she paused ) and then added, " This makes me love you even more! "

I saw my grandmother give a dollar to a stranger one time when I was young and this made her feel real good. I feel good helping as much as I can...even with only 5 dollars.

A little bit helps.

David and Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
TheBeans

Parrotlets Owned: 1

TheBeans has a spectacular aura aboutTheBeans has a spectacular aura about

Blue Eagle, you are a very good egg!

Daisy's hatch-day: 12/10/2014
TheBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:22 AM   #5
lindav

lindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the roughlindav is a jewel in the rough

It's so interesting to be able to trace your ancestry so far back.

Our relatives came over at the turn of the century and don't go back that far living in America----greatest country in the world.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #6
JackieRTP

JackieRTP is on a distinguished road

Many Americans perceive that the United States is the greatest country in the world, but it has not been for a long time.

We do lead the world in the number of incarcerated citizens per capita, defense spending, death by violence, weapons exported, and tornadoes. The US spends more on the defense budget than China, Saudi Arabia, Russia, the United Kingdom, India, France, and Japan combined. There are more guns than people in the country.

We rank 27th in the world in childhood education and last in the world for pre-school education. We have the most expensive daycare/pre-school system in the world.

We also rank 27th in the world in healthcare and lack of access to it. We spend more per person on healthcare than any other industrialized country on the planet and still millions do not have access to affordable healthcare. Americans can pay up to 67 more times for a drug than the next closest country. On average, Americans pays four times more for prescription drugs than the rest of the world. Over the last eight years the combined profit of pharmaceutical companies was $744 billion.

We rank 23rd for gender equality. We are 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, 3rd in median household income, number 4 in labor force, and number 4 in exports.

In 2018, the US ranked 45th in the Reporters Without Borders Press Freedom Index. This is an overall measure of freedom available to the press, including a range of factors including government censorship, control over journalistic access, and whistle blower protections.
JackieRTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:24 PM   #7
David Miller

Thumbs up

Depending on the data you see, America is just one of the greatest countries in the world with the longest lasting Constitution. I have traveled all over the world at different times ( when I was hired to find stolen Art works and missing people). I couldn't wait to return to my country. Are we better? I think we are just different.

People all over the world are mostly wonderful. It's the governments that are the problem.

Dave