Talk Parrotlets Forums - View Single Post - Any specific age a Parrotlet starts to talk?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 03:59 PM   #9
Miss Mary

Miss Mary is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzie5022 View Post
My Huey has been talking up a storm for years now. The problem is, we can not tell what he is saying but he says the same things over and over again.

Hubby is better at hearing the actual words than I am. But every now and then something comes out so clear we just laugh and shake our heads and say "that is what he has been saying"

I never tried to teach him to talk, I just talk to him all of the time. I do say the same things lots of times, but some things he picks up are just random things he has heard in the house.

I even tried to record him and play is slowly but can not decipher it but it is the same "words" over and over every time. So he is telling us something for sure.

Maybe it is the secret to why he pulls out his beautiful green feathers?[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.talkparrotlets.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Thank you for your reply. Funny to hear that Huey does all that talking and most of the time his words aren’t audible. Sounds like my Kai. He chatters and chatters but I have no clue what he is saying. Sometimes I think I hear a word but then wonder if I just hear it because I want to hear it. I know he listens very intently when I speak to him or repeat words or phrases so I am inclined to think he will eventually make sense.
Miss Mary is offline   Reply With Quote