Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reminder to all members

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  catfish 
#1 ·
It's come to the moderators attention that we may need to remind all members to treat each other with respect. There will be no flaming, no rude/crude comments, and ABSOLUTELY no condescending posts directed towards other members.

You can have debates, but we expect everyone to be treated as equals. You may disagree with what someone is saying, but think before you type. If you think that what you type might hurt someone's feelings (i.e. belittling a new parrotlet owner for making a mistake), then either a) figure out a nice way to say it or b) don't say it. Many members here (myself included) have strong personalities and what we say could be taken the wrong way no matter how much time we spend thinking about how a post could be interpreted. Hurt feelings are a part of an online forum, but direct attacks are not tolerated. If a person's feelings are hurt by post, PM a moderator or post in the forum why you feel the way you do, most posts are not a directed attack towards a member. There is no reason to be a drama llama.

There may be members and future members that feel that they have a right to say what they want and will say what they want. Well yes, you do have a right to say what you want, but we as moderators will moderate your post if you violate any rules. You will be warned after we remove your post. We also expect any member that is bothered by another member to PM a moderator.

If there is a problem, please PM a mod. I am marked as invisible, so you will never actually see me in the roster that has logged in; however, the others are visible and you may feel more comfortable talking with them which is fine, but all the moderators do discuss issues with one another before proceeding to a final decision.... we like imput from one another because we are all have different personalities and like to work as a group :3

If you continue to behave in a manner that we feel is inappropriate, we will discuss what to do. What ever punishment we decide will be made after discussion among the moderators, no one will make a snap judgment.

Please read the other sticky thread below this one about posting.

This forum will maintain peace and harmony and will not lower itself to flame wars and direct attacks.

See less See more
#3 ·
and the big part i want to bring over from Pado's (i miss him) post...

Staff has the final say. The only way a moderator's decision can be overruled is if the admins overrule it. Staff has the right to close any thread they feel is getting off-topic or out of hand, as well as delete any inappropriate posts. Furthermore, bans can and will be taken against anyone who breaks a rule or causes "drama."

#4 ·
I've added a bit more to try and make it clearer. if there are any concerns please PM a mod and we will try and clear it up. if you feel there is something that SHOULD be added, then please make a suggestion. Our goals as mods are to provide a safe environment to allow all members to discuss w/o ridicule. We want discussion. We want peace.

There can be discussions w/ polarizing topics (i.e. nutrition and clipping) as long as everyone remembers that even though this is the interent, we are all people. I often disagreed w/ other mods about certain subjects, but we still got along. You can disagree w/ a mod when they are part of a discussion w/o fear of retaliation, we are still human and can (and i often do) make mistakes :b

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.