Parrotlets Forum : TalkParrotlets banner

Bad homes???

908 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jchurchgirl 
#1 · (Edited)
So... Mrs. Mango is arriving Thursday... illegally... by USPS. I plan to talk to USPS about this AFTER I receive my bird. I will have plenty of questions for USPS, as to why they have shipped me 2 parrots... But, My question to you all is this...
This is MRS Mango. I now have a breeding pair. HOW to ship them is a very different matter. I can clear all of that up with the postmaster on Monday.
HOW do you ship these bird to homes... is it s good home? Is it a bad home? Regardless of the shipping method... how does one just randomly send precious, little birds to random homes? How do I do that? Oh, yes! You can have this bird, simply, because you paid for it?A s a human being... I see myself having a house full of conures, because NO home will be "good enough" I have a problem, here... and, it's not shipping rules. It's getting into the mindset that here goes this bird off to a home... and, I don't know if it's a good home. I think maybe, that's way more important than shipping rules.

#5 ·
USPS will ship if the seller ILLEGALLY claims that it is birds covered by their rules. Please never take that chance again. There are just SO many stories of birds arriving dead when sent via USPS. I am not clear on your comment about how to ship them needing discussion with the postmaster. You already stated that you spoke to them in a different thread and they verified that shipping parrots is not allowed with USPS.

Many breeders ask questions of the potential new homes to ensure that they have the right setup (cage, food, perches, toys, etc) and understand the characteristics of the breed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.