Talk Parrotlets Forums

Talk Parrotlets Forums (https://www.talkparrotlets.com/forum.php)
-   Parrotlet Talk (https://www.talkparrotlets.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ~~~Getting Close On Publishing! I Need Your Help!~~~ (https://www.talkparrotlets.com/showthread.php?t=87775)

David Miller 10-11-2020 11:05 PM

~~~Getting Close On Publishing! I Need Your Help!~~~

I want to add a nice, single page that contains nice sayings or quotes about parrotlets or birds in general. They can be known quotes or your own sayings. If I get enough, I will print it and sign each 'sent in' quote with your first or last name.

It could be any sentence, saying, famous or not. It could be a sentence or saying you wrote on how YOU feel about birds.

EXAMPLES:
" Always loving something is part of human nature, but when a parrotlet loves you back, that's something special! " ~~David

" One of the best moments of my life was when my parrotlet, Bogie, picked me to be his friend! " ~~David

" One of the worst moments of my life was when I said my final " Goodbye " to my parrotlet, Bogie. So sad! God, it still hurts! "~~David

" Birds are a work of art! Birds are beautiful and fly in poetic rhythms ! "~~David

Give me some of your loving words and I will see if I can get it on a page. ( Or spread them out throughout the book ) . TRY to keep it no more than 30 words or less.

This will be a good time to pay a tribute to your bird. I might be able to put your name, Sally, New York. or whoever. Mine would be David, Florida. Or David, Orlando. your choice.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES.

David and Vicki;):rolleyes:

AnimalKaperz 10-12-2020 12:22 AM

Squirtles may not be an Amazon parrots size physically despite their familial relationship, but he does not know that!

I believe Squirtles may have been a Pterodactyl in a former life!

~AK~ Qld

David Miller 10-12-2020 12:30 AM

Thank You! Your saying is on the list! It looks like you are going to have a little piece of dynamite on your hands!

David;)

JackieRTP 10-12-2020 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saving one bird will not change the world, but it would change the world for that one bird
- Birdhist Proverb from Birdhism.com

Bigboy 10-12-2020 02:10 PM

My BigBoy might have been little in size but he was big enough to steal my whole heart.

ozzie3860 10-12-2020 06:50 PM

Parrotlets are the best pet ever, accept no substitutes.

David Miller 10-12-2020 09:56 PM

These are great! My wife suggested that I put these sayings/remarks all throughout the book, like at the bottom of a page or the top. It will all depend on available spaces and costs.

I like spreading them out! This way, your sayings will get complete attention as the reader makes their way through the chapters. I will see what the publisher feels about this.

You can send more than one!

Rubydoo252 10-14-2020 09:10 PM

Tumi thinks parrotlet quotes should always include his favorite thing to say, "I'm a BIG bird!"

David Miller 10-14-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubydoo252 (Post 1037835)
Tumi thinks parrotlet quotes should always include his favorite thing to say, "I'm a BIG bird!"

I like that! From the very beginning in the book, I describe in detail how our 28 gram p'letts think they are a " Big Bird! ".

If I can make these sayings happen in the book, yours would be...

Tumi resides in __________ and constantly says, " I'm a BIG BIRD! " Rubydoo252.
Tell me what you want in the blank....city or state?

Rubydoo252 10-15-2020 09:45 PM

You can give his location as Atlanta. Since Georgia is also a country name, it can be confusing to just give a state name.

That sentence is the only of the things that Tumi says that I actually intended to teach him, but he LOVES to say it. He really likes to repeat the word BIG (he always moves his wings to demonstrate that he is big on that word) and often leaves off the word bird, which perfectly suits the parrotlet mentality. "I'm a BIG BIG" :D