- About Malachi
- I became interested in birds at a very young age because my mom and dad raised and showed birds, my mom's specialty was finches and my dad's was canaries - we had aviaries outside, and plenty of indoor cages and flights, so LOTS of birds.
At the bird shows, though, I fell in love with the hook bills, and would work at the shows in those sections, and all things "parrot" became an addiction.
Today there is a Lesser Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo (Hannah) with me, along with her companion parakeet (Pete), and my little Blue Pacific Parrotlet (Sky)...and there is my black Lab (Flair), the guardian of the birds and house.
- Grass Valley, CA
- nature, spirituality, contemplation, hanging out with animal friends...
- writer, teacher, minister
- Number of Parrotlets
- Favorite Parrotlet Name
- It depends on the bird...
- Parrotlet Experience Level
- Parrotlet Lover
- Favorite Aspect of Parrotlets
- Their affectionate and attentive nature, joined with their "chutzpah"!