male vs. female [Archive] - Talk Parrotlets Forums

: male vs. female

ollie404
03-04-2010, 07:40 AM
i was wondering if it depended on the gender like if girls learn to talk faster or boys are more active? and plz tell me the gender of ur first bird and how it reacted. thanx

enborgle
03-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Females very rarely learn to talk at all, except in the case of Spectacled Parrotlets. Males learn to talk to varying degrees about 80% of the time. I have heard it said that females are more cuddly while males are more active, but I know that other members have exceptions in their own flocks.

Jinx n Noodle
03-04-2010, 08:42 AM
I have 2 females and 1 male. My females are much more active and interactive. My males (I had one other male previously) never learned to talk and tended to be more quiet. Though from what I hear other people say, I've only heard of males talking, never about a female; which doesn't mean it can't happen.

ParrotletsRock
03-04-2010, 09:13 AM
I have a male p'let ... he is my 1st and only.. I got him at about 4 months and he is now about 17 months old. He talks a little. He used to talk a lot but since I got the budgies he does not talk much. I am trying to work on that with clicker training but it is hard to have the clicker and treat in hand at the right moment! He is very tame and bonded to me and my hubby but not to any one else. He is quite laid back in his cage and not as active as the budgies. He is not a big toy player and prefers his braided newspaper rope to other toys. He is quite active when he is out and loves to get treats from us.

TweakFox
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
I got Tink when she was 3 months old and she is now almost 11 months old and she has learned to whistle, meow, beep occasionally and say the tiniest "I love you" known to mankind! ^^ Mostly she just mimics whistling and meowing. She is very active and loves to fly around the house and explore! She loves to chew, swing, toss toys and climb!

ollie404
03-04-2010, 06:27 PM
thanx for advise and wat u did it really helps

vietchicky
03-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I got Tink when she was 3 months old and she is now almost 11 months old and she has learned to whistle, meow, beep occasionally and say the tiniest "I love you" known to mankind! ^^ Mostly she just mimics whistling and meowing. She is very active and loves to fly around the house and explore! She loves to chew, swing, toss toys and climb!

Thats adorable maybe you can catch it on vid and uplaod it for us

GRANNYAT50
03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Just so you know it your parrotlet may never talk.